It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Bulk Upload feature in sandbox - JazzAdmin privilege needed - any workaround?

Soniya Ahuja (133) | asked May 13 '16, 4:41 a.m.
edited May 19 '16, 8:53 p.m.
Hello

I understand that the question around JazzAdmin privilege has been asked earlier as well. While it will be great to have some limited right admin privilege, so far I have been able to do a few things without this access. However, I want to bulk upload WORK ITEMS to my project, and I get the privilege error. Is there any possible workaround this? I really want to test the bulk upload feature and this is an impediment unfortunately :( I hope some solution can be provided here.

I am trying to upload work items via a CSV file using RTC thick client. THese work items will end up in CCM if they were to be correctly imported.

Comments
Donald Nong commented May 18 '16, 2:55 a.m.

How exactly did you try to "bulk upload"? I imagine only the ReqIF import will cause such problem but apparently this feature is removed from the sandbox for this very reason.

Soniya Ahuja commented May 19 '16, 8:52 p.m.

I didn't realize that responding to the email notification doesn't post an answer here. Anyway I am uploading via File -> Import from RTC thick client.

One answer

permanent link
Koak Lodge (156110) | answered May 17 '16, 3:14 a.m.

You shouldn't need JazzAdmin to import records. I think all you need is "Create Artifact" and "Save Artifact". I've been importing via CSV and DOORS Migration Packages without JazzAdmin privileges.

What version of DNG (i don't know RTC so well) are you using?

Are you importing new or updating existing?

Comments
Soniya Ahuja commented May 19 '16, 8:52 p.m.

I should have been more specific. I mentioned requirements as we have some going into CCM. Actually what I meant was Work Items. Will edit my post

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.