It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem with Jenkins RTC plugin: Jenkins discarding change sets

Timothy McMackin (153106) | asked May 12 '16, 4:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited May 12 '16, 4:12 p.m.
Hi, all. I'm working with Jenkins and the RTC plugin. I've got a simple build that has Jenkins pull my source from a workspace on my RTC server and builds it with Ant.

There's a main build workspace for my project (let's call it "Product A build workspace") and a secondary build workspace with common files that all of my product builds need ("Common files workspace"). Both are owned by a build functional user. So I set up the Product A build workspace with all the components that contain product A source code. Then into that workspace I imported components from the common files workspace. Thus these common files components live in the common workspace, but I also added them to the product A workspace. When I run the Jenkins build, I look at the workspace and see the files from both components and thus everything builds normally. Great!

Then I had to make changes to the common files. So as my personal user (not the build user that owns the workspaces), I changed the common files and delivered the change sets to the common files stream. Then I kicked off a build of Product A.

I expected the updates to the common files to be reflected in the Jenkins workspace, but it still shows the old common files. In the Jenkins Changes for the build, I see that it has "discarded" my change set. I've made small updates to the common files several times, and each time when I build, Jenkins reports that it discarded the changes.

Anyone know what's up? I'm assuming that it's because I'm importing components from a secondary workspace into the primary workspace from which I'm running the build.

Jenkins version: 1.651.1 on Windows server 2012
Team concert plugin version: 1.2.0.0
RTC server version: 6.0.3 M1

Thanks!

Edit: here is a screencap of the message in Jenkins:

Comments
Sridevi Sangaiah commented May 13 '16, 12:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Does the common file components added to "Product A build workspace" flow with the common files stream?

Thanks,
Sridevi

Timothy McMackin commented May 13 '16, 9:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, Sridevi, the common file components flow with a common files stream, and the Product A components flow with a separate Product A stream.

Is there something I need to do to link these streams?

Timothy McMackin commented May 13 '16, 9:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The common files components flow with a common files stream, and the product A components flow with a product A stream. Is there something I need to do to link those streams?

One answer

permanent link
Timothy McMackin (153106) | answered May 13 '16, 3:34 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sridevi helped me debug the issue. I had to open the build workspace, go to the Flow Targets section, and add the common components stream. Then I had to select the flow target, click Edit, click "Flow only components checked below," and select the components for that flow target. Then I repeated for the other flow target.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.