It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to find last login date and time of user in RTC5.0.2

Tojan John (1172476) | asked May 11 '16, 8:32 a.m.
 Whether RTC 5.0.2 stores information related last login date and time of each user? If so how can we retrieve this information? We are using RTC5.0.2 with WAS 8.5.5.

2 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered May 11 '16, 11:48 p.m.
Similar requests come up quite frequently, but such feature will not be implemented in Jazz I believe. This is due to the fact that Jazz itself does not do authentication - it's done by the application server, Tomcat or WAS. That's why you see that the instructions are for the application servers specifically. For WAS, the below post may help.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/202123/how-to-track-user-login-attempts
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSAW57_8.0.0/com.ibm.websphere.nd.doc/info/ae/ae/tsec_sa_secauditing.html?cp=SSAW57_8.0.0%2F1-11-9

Note that if you track the license usage, you may miss user sessions that do not require a license - viewing work items only is such a case.

If you put Jazz Authorization Server into the mix (6.0 or newer), then it will be quite different and you can request this feature in it.

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | answered May 11 '16, 12:18 p.m.
 Hello John,
I'm not aware of a feature in Jazz to do so.
What we are using for this is the advanced license log file, stored in the log directory. With this we can estimate the last time the user has requested a license.
An other methode could be to use the access.log file from IHS.
regards
Guido

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented May 11 '16, 4:34 p.m.

From what I've seen, neither IHS nor WebSphere with NCSA logging display the authenticated user in the Jazz context. Tomcat does this handily with one of its Valves, but one would have to know the URL pattern for the authentication.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.