It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Set the Role permissions to the Specific States in RTC

Vijayveer Reddy (17625) | asked May 10 '16, 3:53 a.m.
Hi All,

We have a Role called "Tester" in RTC.

My query is!

The users belong to the "Tester" role should not perform the actions "Cancel" and "Close", when the Defect is in "Not a Defect" state.

They should able to perform the actions "Cancel" and "Close", when the defect is in other states.

Request for your help,

Thanking You...!

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 10 '16, 5:12 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 If you can not implement this by permission, you would have to create a custom server extension - an advisor - that prevents the state change for the specific roles from the specific state. An example and pointers to enablement material can be found here: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2014/05/26/only-owner-can-close-workitem-advisor/

Comments
Vijayveer Reddy commented May 10 '16, 5:50 a.m.

Thanks Ralph Schoon!

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 10 '16, 4:31 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 See Process Enactment Workshop for the Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management lab 3 how to set permissions on workflow actions. I think there is one example. Otherwise just look at the permissions in RTC for Save work Item, Trigger a workflow action for the roles and remove their permissions.

Comments
Vijayveer Reddy commented May 10 '16, 5:08 a.m. | edited May 10 '16, 5:14 a.m.

Hi Ralph Schoon,

Thanks for the reply,
I tried with the option "Trigger a workflow action".

But this can be applicable for all the states of the workflow,
Tester Role users will not perform the above mentioned actions in all the states of Defect WorkFlow.

But i want it for specific State like when a defect is in "Not A Defect" State.

Thanking You...!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.