It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How Can I Display an Attribute Value in report Builder Output when the Attribute Type is Contributor?

Rob Olsen (3511852) | asked May 06 '16, 10:04 p.m.
edited Feb 21 '17, 10:12 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)

We are using RTC to track membership within an organization within the company.  We track a member's name, ID, team, and other information about the member.  They are using Report Builder to create output files with member information.  I can pull all of the data that they need except for one item, the “Member Name”.  The “Member Name” attribute is a “Contributor” type and is not selectable and therefore I am not able to display that in my Report Builder output.  Is this a flaw in the Report Builder capability, or for some reason should I not be allowed to display values where the attribute type is “Contributor”?

This is going to be a real bummer if this turns out to be the case as I am able to pull all of this information about a member of this organization except for their name!  Not very worthwhile.  Any help would be appreciated!

Comments
Clara Forero commented May 20 '16, 1:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Rob,

I'm trying to understand what exactly you mean by "Member Name".  Is that a custom attribute that you added to a specific work item type in RTC?  Where exactly is this "Member Name" attribute located?  What artifact(s) are you using in the report?  What other related attributes are you able to include in the report?

Thank you,
Clara Forero

Rob Olsen commented May 20 '16, 3:40 p.m.

Clara, thanks for responding ...

So, correct, "Member Name" is a custom attribute that is defined as "Contributor".  "Member Name" is located in the "Overview Layout" area, in the "Details" section.

Member Information (Overview Layout)

Member Information Details (layout slot: Details)

Member Name (Contributor)

As far as "What artifact(s) are you using in the report?", I am not exactly sure what you are asking.  I am using as much detail about the member that I can.  Member ID, Function, Assigned Manager .... all of these are selectable from the drop down menu in the report. 

I can create a query and under "Column Display" in the "Select Attributes" pop up menu, I can select "Member Name".  The query runs and the member names are listed.  But I cannot select "Member Name" when doing something similar in Report Builder, "Member Name" is not an attribute that I can choose to display.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Clara Forero (6212) | answered May 20 '16, 4:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Rob,

Complex custom attributes (such as Contributor, Team Area, Iteration) are not yet supported by Report Builder.  The story User would like to support complex custom attributes (i.e. of type Iteration or Work Item) and add conditions and add them as columns (376959) is currently open, but it hasn't been assigned to any release yet.

If you have all the data you need, except the Member Name attribute, you could use the Advanced section on the Format Results page to edit the SQL statement.  You would need to add the RICALM.REQUEST_RESOURCE_EXT table to the SQL, using the REQUEST_ID field to link it to the REQUEST table.

Please let me know if you need help adding that table to the rest of the SQL statement, I can help you with that.

Thank you,
Clara Forero
Rob Olsen selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rob Olsen commented May 20 '16, 4:16 p.m.

Hey Clara, yes, I have all of the data I need except for Member Name.  I thought that query outputs and report Builder were so similar that is why I am surprised that you cannot dump a "contributor" attribute in Report Builder since you can in a query.

So I have dumped out the SQL information but never edited it.  I would appreciate your help in regards to this.  What do I need to provide?

Clara Forero commented May 20 '16, 4:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'll send you the instructions by e-mail.

Thanks,
Clara Forero

Rob Olsen commented May 20 '16, 5:11 p.m.

Modifying the SQL query worked!  Awesome!

kesav d commented Aug 23 '16, 5:28 a.m. | edited Feb 21 '17, 9:57 p.m.

@ clara forero

Could you pls provide me the solution (script) .

Even i am trying to display the contributor (role based enumeration) in the report .

Could you pls elaborate how to bring it in reports using advanced script option..

Clara Forero commented Aug 24 '16, 2:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Kesav,

There is no script, the solution that I proposed to Rob was to modify the SQL statement.  If you want to follow the same procedure, build a new report, select the artifact Work Item and in the Format Results page, go to Advanced SQL section.  Edit the query and add the extension table that contains the attributes of type Contributor (RICALM.VW_RQST_RESOURCE_EXT). Here is an example of the finished SQL statement, querying an attribute named "MyOtherContributor":

SELECT DISTINCT T1.PROJECT_NAME,
       T1.REFERENCE_ID,
       T1.NAME AS URL1_title,
       T1.URL AS URL1,
       T2.RESOURCE_NAME AS Contributor
FROM RIDW.VW_REQUEST T1
LEFT OUTER JOIN RICALM.VW_RQST_RESOURCE_EXT T2
  ON T2.REQUEST_ID=T1.REQUEST_ID AND T2.NAME = 'MyOtherContributor'

WHERE (T1.ISSOFTDELETED = 0) AND
(T1.REQUEST_ID <> -1 AND T1.REQUEST_ID IS NOT NULL)

Thank you,
Clara Forero

kesav d commented Aug 30 '16, 12:29 a.m. | edited Feb 21 '17, 9:58 p.m.

thanks very much Clara Forero for the query.

i tried it .it worked.

But there is a concern 
1) in report "the contributor " columns shows all the contributors names as a list against a particular workitem ID and  not the one which i have selected and saved while raising the ticket,As per the above query i can use the individual contributor name in the query and fetch data but this report is generic which has to show the contributor i selected for that particular ticket while saving. 
and another concern 
2) while raising the ticket i have 3 other role based contributor drop down where user has to select it and save,so how to bring the same in the report as columns. 

my recent query after modifications
SELECT DISTINCT T1.PROJECT_NAME,
       T1.REFERENCE_ID,
       T1.NAME AS URL1_title,
       T1.URL AS URL1,
       T1.REQUEST_TYPE,
       T2.FULL_NAME,
       T3.RESOURCE_NAME AS Contributor 
FROM RIDW.VW_REQUEST T1
LEFT OUTER JOIN RIDW.VW_RESOURCE T2
ON T2.RESOURCE_ID=T1.OWNER_ID
LEFT OUTER JOIN RICALM.VW_RQST_RESOURCE_EXT T3 
  ON T3.REQUEST_ID=T1.REQUEST_ID 
WHERE T1.PROJECT_ID = 1670  AND
(  T1.REQUEST_TYPE = 'Allocation' AND
  LOWER(T1.REFERENCE_ID) LIKE '%78743%' 
) AND
(T1.ISSOFTDELETED = 0) AND
(T1.REQUEST_ID <> -1 AND T1.REQUEST_ID IS NOT NULL)

pls help.

Clara Forero commented Sep 02 '16, 3:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Kesav,

In the SQL you included, the condition for the name of the custom attribute is missing (e.g. AND T2.NAME = 'MyOtherContributor') .  If you want to add other attributes of type contributor, you can add again the extension table using in the join condition the name of each of those attributes.

Thank you,
Clara

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments

6 other answers

permanent link
sayli Boralkar (157) | answered Feb 27 '17, 4:53 a.m.

hello guys,

I am stuck at one point that contributor type attribute is not displayed in JRS 6.0.2. For this I refresh the Data source and Also run DCC jobs and again refresh data source. pls help me over this.

permanent link
sayli Boralkar (157) | answered Feb 27 '17, 6:23 a.m.

Hi Clara Forero,

Is 6.0.3 supports Contributor Type attribute?

permanent link
Clara Forero (6212) | answered Feb 27 '17, 10:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi,
The story that implemented the complex custom attributes mentioned before User would like to support complex custom attributes (i.e. of type Iteration or Work Item) and add conditions and add them as columns (376959) was delivered in 6.0.3.

Thank you,
Clara Forero

permanent link
sayli Boralkar (157) | answered Feb 28 '17, 1:29 a.m.

Thanks @Clara Forero.

First of all I Describe scenario of my Task. then suggest me what should I have to do.

I Made project in RTC 6.0.2 using "Money that Matters sample in Lifecycle project". after that I create custom attribute in WorkItem having type Contributor and TimeStamp. then I Run DCC jobs and after that entering URL i.e. "https://server_name:9443/rs" I go through the admin then click on Data Source and refresh the DS. The attribute having type timestamp is displayed after clicking add condition but Contributor is not displayed yet. So I used your scenario of adding SQL Query then it shows column of Contributor In report after clicking on Run Report but not seen in Column. I want to seen Contributor type attribute after clicking on Add Condition. Now what should I do.

permanent link
Clara Forero (6212) | answered Mar 01 '17, 11:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Sayli,

The custom attribute of type contributor is available in CLM 6.0.3.  When using a previous version, if you modify the SQL in a similar way as mentioned before, you should be able to see the contributor information in the report results, but the attribute won't be available in the conditions pane.

If you can't upgrade to CLM 6.0.3 and require assistance creating the SQL in your CLM 6.0.2 environment, please contact IBM Support.  They should be able to look into the data you have in your environment and guide you to create the SQL statement you require for your report.

Thank you,
Clara

permanent link
sayli Boralkar (157) | answered Mar 01 '17, 11:25 p.m.

Hey clara,

Thanks for the answer its really helpful and workout for My task. now I will upgrade and check the result of contributor type support in JRS or not.

Thanks,
Sayli

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.