It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[JAVA API] run query

leon mo (113) | asked May 05 '16, 6:42 a.m.
edited May 05 '16, 6:42 a.m.

Anyone know Is it possible to retrieve a query result only with its query id or query name, and no matter it's a personal query or shared query? And regard the query result, can we choose to show the column value as "Labels" or "Internal values"?

One answer

permanent link
Miguel Tomico (5001323) | answered May 05 '16, 7:41 a.m.
Have a look at
https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/10/29/using-work-item-queris-for-automation/

Comments
leon mo commented May 05 '16, 8:20 p.m.

Hi Miguel, thanks for the reply. I have read the post before, but don't think it answer my question. If i have a queryID/queryName, i still need to know it's a persional or shared query to call the corresponding method(findpersonal...()/findshared...()) to get the result. I want to know if that's a way to get the result back only with a queryID/queryName(No matter what's its project area/query type).

Miguel Tomico commented May 06 '16, 5:54 a.m. | edited May 06 '16, 5:54 a.m.

Thanks for the clarification.

I'm not aware of any way to query for both in one go.
The tool always presents the queries as either Personal or Shared, so I wouldn't expect the API to be any different, and also bear in mind that there may be both personal and shared queries with the same name.
Therefore, unless there is a good reason to not to query for both Personal and Shared, I would stick to it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.