It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

After deploying a RTC server side Operation Participant I am getting error while saving Work Item.

Harsh Vardhan Singh (32410) | asked May 04 '16, 1:55 p.m.
edited Jun 02 '16, 4:13 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
Error:

com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.ServiceMethodInvocationError: java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:
    The method run(AdvisableOperation, IProcessConfigurationElement, IParticipantInfoCollector, IProgressMonitor) of type SendDatatoSlackParticipant must override a superclass method

at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.getAppropriateException(RemoteTeamService.java:737)

at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.executeMethod(RemoteTeamService.java:573)

at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.invoke(RemoteTeamService.java:202)

at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ServiceInvocationHandler.java:43)

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy37.save(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:
    The method run(AdvisableOperation, IProcessConfigurationElement, IParticipantInfoCollector, IProgressMonitor) of type SendDatatoSlackParticipant must override a superclass method

at cio.jazz.rtcext.workitem.extensions.slack.service.SendDatatoSlackParticipant.run(SendDatatoSlackParticipant.java:45)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:95)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:56)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:620)

I am able to execute same plugin in the Jetty server (without any error).
I have implemented the run method from the IOperationParticipant.

I have gone through the RTC Lab Extension Workshop: https://jazz.net/library/article/1000

I am following the steps mentioned in the Lab 6.

I am able to deploy the plugin on my RTC server(hosted on local machine) and I can see a Follow-up action is also available for this plugin.

When I add this follow-up action I don't get suggestions to make changes in the Process Configuration source of the Project Area which I get in jetty server. (I have used parametrization).

However, when I make changes in Process configuration it is saved without any error/warning.

But, when I am trying to save any Work Item I am getting the above error.

I would like to upload my ccm log file but I don't get option to add the attachments.

This is some part of my log file:

2016-05-04 21:37:43,036 [Default Executor-thread-239 @@ 21:37 myadmin <com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem/Save@aa2f1673-aad3-4e18-8e33-0f9160343091> /ccm/service/com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.rest.IWorkItemRestService/workItem2]  WARN .team.repository.servlet.AbstractTeamServerServlet  - CRJAZ1163E Error error occurred while processing a POST request for com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.rest.IWorkItemRestService.postWorkItem2(). CRJAZ1170I The request was made by user "myadmin" from "127.0.0.1".CRJAZ1166I The stack trace hash is A644995A4DC7BDB6ECD967D3BB9A9099BABCFFD7.
java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:

at cio.jazz.rtcext.workitem.extensions.slack.service.SendDatatoSlackParticipant.run(SendDatatoSlackParticipant.java:45)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:95)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:56)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:620)
    at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:361)
    at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:347)
    at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56)
    at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy1714.run(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.team.process.internal.common.advice.runtime.OperationAdviceManager.runParticipant(OperationAdviceManager.java:1156)
    at com.ibm.team.process.internal.common.advice.runtime.OperationAdviceManager.runParticipants(OperationAdviceManager.java:986)
    at com.ibm.team.process.internal.common.advice.runtime.OperationAdviceManager.advise(OperationAdviceManager.java:332)
    at com.ibm.team.process.internal.common.util.AbstractProcess.doAdvise(AbstractProcess.java:197)
    at com.ibm.team.process.internal.service.ServerProcess.access$2(ServerProcess.java:1)
    at com.ibm.team.process.internal.service.ServerProcess$2.run(ServerProcess.java:159)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.PrimitiveTransactionService$3.run(PrimitiveTransactionService.java:167)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase.runTransaction(RepositoryDatabase.java:384)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase.runInTransaction(RepositoryDatabase.java:289)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.PrimitiveTransactionService.runInTransaction(PrimitiveTransactionService.java:101)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.PrimitiveTransactionService.runInTransaction(PrimitiveTransactionService.java:96)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor343.invoke(Unknown Source)

I have gone through the below links but didn't find anything specific to this error:

Learning To Fly: Getting Started with the RTC Java API’s | rsjazz
Is The Extension Deployed? How Can I Redeploy? | rsjazz

I am struggling with this issue for few days. Any help/ suggestion would be helpful.

2 answers

permanent link
Harsh Vardhan Singh (32410) | answered Jun 02 '16, 8:20 a.m.
Thanks Hakki!

After changing the JRE from Java SE1.7 to J2SE 1.5 I got the same error in my Eclipse Workspace.

After removing annotation@Override the error was removed.

permanent link
Hakki Bozkurt (1631228) | answered May 05 '16, 2:59 a.m.
edited May 05 '16, 3:00 a.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.