It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why IWorkItem.SMALL_PROFILE fetching all properties related to Workitem?

ast java (4511847) | asked Apr 28 '16, 3:08 a.m.
edited Apr 28 '16, 7:08 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
 Hi All,

I am trying to fetch the workitem by passing the id, profile and monitor as below.

workitemClient.findWorkItemById(id, IWorkItem.SMALL_PROFILE, monitor);

As per the documentation the IWorkItem.SMALL_PROFILE should fetch only the below properties.

"SMALL_PROFILE: PROJECT_AREA_PROPERTY, ID_PROPERTY, TYPE_PROPERTY, SUMMARY_PROPERTY, OWNER_PROPERTY "

But the result of the above code is returning me the workitem which contains all the properties which is supported for FULL_PROFILE.

Why am I getting these all properties? or do i miss something?

Please let me know the solution for this.

Thanks in advance.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 28 '16, 7:12 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Others have pointed that out too. I don't know. This is also a question around the API where we might not be able to provide an answer, as this would only be known to very few developers. In addition even if it is not implemented today that does not mean it never will. I think I had problems to access certain data using SMALL profile in the past, but I am not sure.

Also be aware that the RTC Eclipse client and the Java API uses caching. So you might actually get data that has been retrieved before. Again, I did not design and implement this. I can't even see the code that implements it as far as I know, so there is no way to tell.

Comments
ast java commented May 02 '16, 12:46 a.m.

Thanks Ralph for your answer. Once this issue is fixed then I can use this in my implementation.

Ralph Schoon commented May 02 '16, 2:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This has not changed the last 10 years and I don't see it will soon. It is also not an issue. You get more than you asked for and assuming the load profile actually load only what is requested will not break any API usage.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.