It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I have more than one comments type attributes (custom) in RTC work item

jay cheng (628) | asked Apr 25 '16, 2:54 p.m.

Hello All,

I want to log a few multi-line attributes. Can I have more than one comments type attributes in RTC defect work item?

If yes, how Can I do it. There is no Comments attribute type available in the drop-down list when I add a new attribute.

If no, is there any other way to log an attribute? I could not find a way to get the attribute previous (original) value in Calculated Valuess script. My script like this:

dojo.provide("example.calculated.AnalysisLogProvider");
dojo.require("dojo.date.stamp");

(function() {
  dojo.declare("example.calculated.AnalysisLogProvider", null, {

getValue: function(attribute, workItem, configuration) {
      var sAnalysis = workItem.getValue(WorkItemAttributes.Analysis) + "\n";
      var sAnalysis_Log = workItem.getValue(WorkItemAttributes.Analysis_Log) + "\n";
      var sDate = dojo.date.stamp.toISOString(Date.now(), {milliseconds:true, zulu:true}) + "\n";
   return sDate + sAnalysis + sAnalysis_Log;
      }
    }
  });
})();

workItem.getValue(WorkItemAttributes.Analysis_Log) alway get the current value. That means it will comtains some repetition of the value entered in Analysis becuase the script continuously executed.

Thanks.

Jay

Comments
Georgie Mitchell commented Oct 24 '16, 11:07 p.m. | edited Oct 25 '16, 2:17 a.m.

This is not an Answer, but a further example of where we need this functionality.

On our Epic's we have a number of sections where we need dated, non-editable comments to be recorded, for example; Change Request discussions, notes on Orders of Magnitude or impact on other systems.

Yes, we could date each comment, but users can also edit these field types (html etc).

Has anyone managed to create a custom "Comment" type attribute?

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 25 '16, 2:22 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would suggest to open an enhancement request here: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 25 '16, 2:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 25 '16, 2:08 a.m.
No, the comments "attribute" is not really an attribute and you can not have more than the one. The presentation is also not attribute based and if you add it multiple times, it will only show the same content in different places.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Apr 25 '16, 11:36 p.m.
Not sure why you need a new Comment type attribute for this purpose. You don't even need to use multi-line if you use a delimiter other than "\n". You can probably just use a "Large String", or "String List". You can store the value history like this
20160101: value1 | 20160203: value2 | 20160305: value3
unless the value is extremely long to start with, or the attribute is modified very frequently, the above two attribute types should serve you well.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/57611/rtc-text-field-questions-qampa
https://jazz.net/library/article/1003

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.