It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Usage of TeamPlatform in the Team Concert plugin for Jenkins

Rafael Rezende (431723) | asked Apr 18 '16, 11:44 a.m.
The basic question behind the title is: what is the "scope" of a TeamPlatform? Should it be started only once per JVM instance?

The background of my question:
I am using Team Concert plugin for Jenkins, which runs the TeamPlatform.startup() at the very beginning in a static block:
https://github.com/jenkinsci/teamconcert-plugin/blob/e498ca6bdae8b56f789a63216acb8e2db4cd21ee/com.ibm.team.build.hjplugin-rtc/src/main/java/com/ibm/team/build/internal/hjplugin/rtc/BuildClient.java (line 39)

According to my search, this plugin never calls the TeamPlatform.shutdown() method, so I assume the TeamPlatform is shut down automatically only when the JVM is finished.

The same plugin provides the RtcExtensionProvider, which is invoked after the changes are accepted into the Repository Workspace, so I believe the TeamPlatform should be already active by then. However, in my own extension I still need to start up the TeamPlatform (taking 5 extra seconds on the master node, and around 20s on any slave node), otherwise, exception.
Shouldn't my extension be able to reuse the same TeamPlatform started by the Team Concert plugin?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Apr 19 '16, 3:13 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 19 '16, 4:29 a.m.
In Boost Your Automation Performance Using an Automation Server I reuse the TreamPlatform to avoid the penalty. I am not sure if you can access the started TreamPlatform in your case. You can use TreamPlatform.isStarted() to test if it is up already. In the Eclipse extensibility mechanism you can reuse an existing TeamPlatform.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.