It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Configuration of the 'Planned for' attribute

Patrick Fink (111) | asked Apr 18 '16, 7:44 a.m.
 Hi all,

I would like to know how more about the "Planned for" attribute in RTC work items. There are some "preferred" iterations directly shown in the dropdown, but it seems like it's possible to assign any iteration from any timeline when clicking "...". So I have several questions about this attribute:

- How does RTC determine the "preferred" iterations in the dropdown?
- Is possible to influence which iterations are shown? If yes, what possibilities are available?
- Is it possible to restrict which iterations can be choosed? Especially I'm interested in restriction by timeline (maybe timeline determined by category/team or by a second attribute "Timeline") and restriction based on custom attributes (something like Dependent Enumeration Value Sets).

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Apr 18 '16, 9:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As far as I know the iterations that can be selected in the planned for attribute must be iterations that are marked with the "A release is planned for this iteration" check box.

I am not sure what the logic was to select the timeline and the available iterations. I am not sure there is anything that you can do to configure this presentation, other than making the choice above.

I am aware that for the current 6.0.x, work has been done to make the selection more straight forward e.g. prefer to show iterations from the timeline the work item is filed against. See 81316: Work item filed against category should filter 'planned for' elements

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.