It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

WAS Liberty - log files

Mahari Hill (4861167230) | asked Apr 18 '16, 6:36 a.m.
CLM 502/tomcat upgrade to CLM 601 WAS-Liberty.

All,

I have upgraded and I can't seem to find "updated" log files. When I do a restart, there are log files that are updated, but after that, they are no longer updated.

Example:
I restarted on 4/10/16, I have logged in to the system and made changes, etc every day since then, but the log files still say 4/10/16.

Are they in a different place? Am I missing something with tomcat->WAS-Liberty?

2 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Apr 19 '16, 1:10 a.m.
Mahari, that's normal if no one uses the application. It's the same for both Liberty and Tomcat. You need to try to use the application to sort of "wake it up". The only difference between them is that the application will read the teamserver.properties file when hosted on Tomcat (that's the reason you see updated log files), and it does nothing when hosted on Liberty. In both cases, the application will not connect to the database until a request comes in (that's the wake-up bit).

permanent link
Randolph Simmons (612) | answered Apr 18 '16, 8:36 a.m.
The path to the WAS-Liberty logs files should be in a path similar to the example below:

C:\IBM\CLM601\server\liberty\servers\clm\logs

Comments
Mahari Hill commented Apr 18 '16, 2:32 p.m.

hmmm...

Thanks. Maybe WAS-liberty does not update as much as tomcat? I rebooted at 10am and only JTS has updated since then....all of the other log files say 10:09am and it's 1:32pm...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.