It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

change default tablespace name CONTENTTS and JAZZTMPSPACE for Jazz

Thomas Sicard (1312) | asked Apr 15 '16, 6:21 a.m.
Hello,

Following the documentation Preparing a DB2 database for Jazz using only DB2ADM Authority, I have to create two tablespaces named CONTENTTS and JAZZTMPSPACE.

Do you know if these names are mandatory or can I changed it to respect our standard ?

Best regards

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Apr 18 '16, 12:03 a.m.
It's my understanding that you can use whatever the names for the two tablespaces, and you have to specify as such in the teamserver.properties file at step 4. We had a similar discussion a while back.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/217793/does-rtcrqm-allow-to-use-existing-db2-tablespace
Thomas Sicard selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Apr 15 '16, 3:02 p.m.
Probably not as the DDL (embedded in the -addTables ) is likely creating tables in that tablespace.      You can specify the container location and number of pages in the teamserver.properties.  In fact the number of pages you might want to check as I think it will eat a reasonably big chunk of storage right off the bat.

com.ibm.team.repository.db.db2.content.tablespace.location=
com.ibm.team.repository.db.db2.content.tablespace.numpages=

I think for numpages the the number is 250000.

Also the Jazz databases are "theirs" and putting "our" standard on it just seems awkward, IMO

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.