It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rational Build Forge 8.0 Error while installation

Deepali Deshmukh (8913759) | asked Apr 15 '16, 6:13 a.m.
Hi All,

I have install Build forge 8.0 with Mysql 5.5.25.0 database. when i am trying to access the URL for Build Forge its gives me error below.

"The Build Forge system user interface has encountered an error from which it could not recover. Contact Build Forge technical support with the following information:

Database extension 'mysqli' not found".

I in my log file it says  " org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol init
SEVERE: Failed to initialize end point associated with ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8080"]
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind <null>:8080"

Please Guide me

Thanks,
Deepali Nigade

One answer

permanent link
Joshua Keefe (1011) | answered Apr 15 '16, 11:36 a.m.
Hello Deepali,

From the two errors you listed, there appears to be two separate issues.

For the first error "Database extension 'mysqli' not found".", this is coming from the Apache/PHP component.

Please verify that the php.ini file has the mysqli extensions un-commented and enabled.

ie:
extension=php_mysql.dll
extension=php_mysqli.dll

The other error "Address already in use: JVM_Bind <null>:8080" is coming from the Tomcat component.
This indicates there is already another process using port 8080 on your system, which may be a stale Tomcat component.

You will want to shut down Build Forge if you have not already, and then have your system administrator find and remove the offending process using port 8080.

If you need any additional assistance, please open PMR with Support if you can.

Comments
Deepali Deshmukh commented Apr 18 '16, 1:55 a.m. | edited Apr 18 '16, 2:22 a.m.

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for the reply!!

Issue related to port 8080 is resolved.

I have verified the php.ini file has mysqli extensions un-commented and are enabled.
still facing the same issue.

I have come across the link for the same issue but its for red hat Linux.    http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSB2MV_8.0.0/com.ibm.rational.buildforge.doc/topics/preinst_db_mysql_troubleshooting.html?lang=en

Can you please guide me for windows server 2012 R2

Joshua Keefe commented Apr 18 '16, 11:42 a.m.

Hello Deepali,

You may want to ensure you are using the 32-bit MySQL 5.5 client libraries for Build Forge Apache/PHP.
Also, you will want to review your php_error.log for any additional details why PHP is failing to access the MySQL client.

Are there any errors under php_error.log regarding MySQL?

Deepali Deshmukh commented Apr 19 '16, 8:14 a.m.

Hi Joshua,

How do I verify that I am using 32-bit MySQL 5.5 client libraries for Build Forge. Do I need to configure PHP?

I have reviewed php_error.log file. It shows below warning no errors

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'D:\IBM_KPIT_NEW\BuildForge8\Apache\php\ext\php_mysql.dll' - %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

In Error.log it shows below warning
[warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `Dm-9392' does NOT match server name!?

Regards,
Deepali Nigade

Joshua Keefe commented Apr 20 '16, 5:02 p.m.

Hello Deepali,

At this point, I would strongly recommend contacting IBM Support to further assist you with this issue.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.