It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Import tool - Is there any syntax to break existing Artefact Links

James Chapman (2516) | asked Apr 14 '16, 12:21 p.m.
HI, I need to do a bulk update on several test artefacts in RQM v6.0 that I would prefer to do via the RQM Excel importer tool due to the sheer number to be edited.
The artefacts have existing links to other artefacts such as scripts that I need to also remove, whilst I am happy with the process for creating new links I do not seem to be able to find a way in which the existing links can be removed other than going into each and every artefact and removing the link manually (not viable option with 900 artefacts to update)

Is there any syntax, such as a 'RemoveLinks()' for example,that I can use in the config file to do this?
Thank you.

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Apr 15 '16, 1:21 a.m.
I don't think it works that way. You don't specify a "command". You specify the "attributes" according to the schema, and the tool will generate an XML payload and PUT/POST to the server utilizing the REST API.

You need to find a way to "update" the links with an "empty" value.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.