It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can you associate a workflow with an artifact type in RDNG 6?

Adnan Hussain (1313) | asked Apr 13 '16, 5:09 a.m.

Hi All,

I am trying to use the default workflow which was recently introduced in RDNG to define the state that
artifacts of a specified type can be in and the actions that users can select to move these
artifacts from one state to another.

I am unable to associate a workflow with an artifact type. I can't find the Workflow field when I select any artifact. I am performing following steps: 

1. Click Administration > Manage Project Properties.
2. In the Artifact Type tab, click an artifact type.
3. Select a workflow in the Workflow field.

I have all the required permissions to perform this task. Am I missing any step here? Do I need to follow some additional steps for this? I'd really appreciate your help in this regard.

Thanks 

2 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Apr 15 '16, 12:46 a.m.
edited Apr 15 '16, 12:47 a.m.
Make sure that your RM instance and the project fulfill these requirements.
Note: The default workflow is available only in new projects in new installations of Rational® DOORS® Next Generation. Workflows are not currently available if you upgrade the RM application from previous versions.
I did a quick test with RDNG 6.0.2 RC1, and it's quite straightforward - no problems observed.

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Apr 14 '16, 12:42 a.m.
edited Apr 14 '16, 12:43 a.m.
What "workflow" are you referring to? I'm not aware of any workflows that you can apply to the requirement artifacts. There is a new feature called "change set workflow" introduced in RDNG 6.0.1, but that's a completely different concept.
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-doors-next-generation/releases/6.0.1?p=news#1001_2_1

Comments
Adnan Hussain commented Apr 14 '16, 2:40 a.m.

They have introduced Requirements Workflow feature in RDNG 6.0.2, through which you can define the state that artifacts of a specified type can be in and the actions that users can select to move these artifacts from one state to another. 

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.2/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/c_req_workflows.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.