It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Changes made during build are not included in automatic created snapshot

Amaury Quintero (901217) | asked Apr 07 '16, 6:18 a.m.
 Hello

We are making changes of files in build workspace during a RTC build and then send to the stream, but the snapshot of the code being compiled is taken before the build finished. Is there a vway to change the creation of the snapshot after everything is ok?. There is a property saying Enable post-build deliver only if no error, if the snapshop is created before how can the bulid process know that snapshot needs to be taken?

Thanks!!

Amaury

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Apr 13 '16, 5:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 13 '16, 5:43 a.m.
As far as I know, if you manipulate the data you build (the build input), you are basically on your own. A usual build assumes that the repository workspace loaded is the input data that does not change and that all other data is generated and not under SCM. I am aware that some companies do it differently, but it has always been risky business. You don't check in object and exe files for the very same reason.

So you will have to create build scripting e.g. using the SCM command line to check in the data, deliver the changes to the source to the stream and create a snapshot at the end of the build as well. You will have to try to replace the snapshot on the build result as well, I think that picks up the one it generates itself.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.