It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Multiple people resolving conflicts, now workspace shows as 'project out of sync'

Theresa White (13) | asked Apr 06 '16, 2:37 p.m.
We are using one workspace and changing ownership to several different developers to resolve their conflicts.  Now that all of the conflicts have been resolved, there are still some showing as 'Unresolved' and the Outgoing change set has the parts that have been resolved.  I wanted to try to 'resolve as merged', however I cannot because the workspace shows as 'Project <project _name> out of sync' - I have read several threads here, but don't see a solution.  How can I ensure I do not lose the changes the developers have made?

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Apr 09 '16, 1:38 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
To avoid having to resync the workspace, you should never have the workspace loaded in two different sandboxes at the same time, and if the workspace is loaded into a sandbox, you should only accept changes into the workspace from the client which is managing that sandbox.

In general, the easiest way to avoid this problem is to never change the owner of a workspace, except for infrequent situations such as a user going on vacation or leaving the company, and you need to checkin changes that are in that developer's sandbox.   In those cases, change the owner of the workspace just long enough to checkin the changes (from a client that manages the sandbox containing the unchecked-in changes), and then change the owner back.

In your scenario, where you want different developers to resolve the conflicts they are responsible for, just have each developer use their own workspace, and have them deliver their conflict-resolution change sets to a common stream.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.