It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to test an RTC plugin extension

Fran Burgos (12312252) | asked Apr 06 '16, 12:17 p.m.

I don't know if it is possible to test a Participant extension with JUnit. We have a test Plugin project for testing a Participant extension such as the plugin com.ibm.team.workitem.service.tests_3.1.0.v20141022_1844. But I don't know how can I test RTC server classes, for instance the run method of a IOperationParticipant. The isolate classes are not a problem but server classes need a functional (or mocked) environment.

Maybe I could add the plugin (extension) and the test plugin to RTC but I don't know how run that test and how check the output.

Any idea or documentation about this issue?

One answer

permanent link
Tiago Moura (8387) | answered Apr 06 '16, 1:40 p.m.
I don't know if it is possible to test a Participant extension with JUnit.

Possible it is. Easy? Not so much, as you said you need to mock the server classes.

Any idea or documentation about this issue?

Focus in mock the library interfaces, it will become your task pretty easy. Also, if you create a extension with atomic components, you can test your custom components and "believe" that the server classes are all fine.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.