It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can you configure RTC to autosave Workitems when they are navigated from?

Ben Sharples (812758) | asked Apr 06 '16, 4:29 a.m.
Is it possible to configure RTC such that navigation away from a Workitem will trigger an autosave?

I have instances where users click next to move onto the next workitem and forget to save and then end up closing the web browser and changes are lost.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Apr 06 '16, 5:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 06 '16, 5:16 a.m.
As far as I am aware, the answer is: No.
And it might also not always work anyway and could cause more problems than it solves.

In additions as far as I am aware, the web UI prompts me if I want to close a work item editor where I have done changes (usually also if I try to close the tabs or the browser). The same applies to the Eclipse UI and other IDE's where I am usually notified that I have unsaved changes and I can ignore that and close anyway with the obvious result.

So from my perspective RTC/CLM acts in a standard way and any user should be able to learn to deal with it. Since this is typical in all applications I can't see a need to change that in RTC and, again, I think an auto save is even more dangerous than having to redo a change. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.