It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create/ Update Attributes Data Type of a project area in DNG using Java script and OSLC API

ast java (4511847) | asked Apr 04 '16, 1:42 p.m.
edited Apr 05 '16, 3:11 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
Using the Attributes of RM API, I am not able to get the Attributes Data Type. Is there a way to get this value using the API? 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Apr 05 '16, 11:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You should be able to get the attribute data type with the OSLC REST API looking for resource shapes.

Just for completeness, there are three public API's for DNG:
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Shriraam Balasubramanian commented Apr 06 '16, 2:06 a.m. | edited Aug 04 '16, 3:13 a.m.

Thanks a lot for your reply. Please let me know how to fetch attribute data type with the OSLC REST API. As I could see in the link, it can be obtained for specific artifact's attribute data type.

In my case, I need to modify the artifact attribute data type of PA. E.g.: New ENUM value to be added for specific artifact attribute data type - "Status"

Bas Bekker commented Aug 03 '16, 11:00 a.m. | edited Aug 03 '16, 11:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Check the workshop on how to get the attributes of an artifact. In OSLC it's not defined in terms of of artifact attributes and data types, but in the term of resource shapes, ie <oslc:resourceShape rdf:resource="https://<your server:9443/rm/types/<some UUID>"/>

And the OSLC API does not allow you to update resource shapes, you will need to do that through the web UI: manage project properties.

2 other answers

permanent link
Shriraam Balasubramanian (4031238) | answered Apr 05 '16, 10:02 a.m.
What you should really ask, whether you can use OSLC API or Java API?

Comments
Bas Bekker commented Aug 03 '16, 11:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The is no such thing as a Java API. All is REST services based, with the OSLC API being public.

The OSLC REST calls can be made in any programming language, though the samples in the workshop are in Java, so for other languages you need to do some extra work to get things going.

permanent link
Shriraam Balasubramanian (4031238) | answered Apr 05 '16, 10:01 a.m.
Hello,

You can fetch the attribute values using REST API via REST Client.
What exactly you want to get fro the Attributes Data Type.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.