It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create a user defined attribute in RDNG RM using OSLC API?

Sandesh Iruvatharaya (1314) | asked Apr 01 '16, 5:17 a.m.
 Hello,

I am writing a Java application to export the requirements captured in the excel sheet into RDNG using the OSLC APIs. I've managed to create new requirements in a Project and fill the data for the basic attributes. 
My problem is, say there is a user defined attribute/column in excel called EmpID of type integer. How do I create the attribute as part of these requirements? 
Based on my understanding, I will have to use Requirement.setExtendedProperties() API. Please correct me if I am wrong. But I am not able to find an example or detailed explanation on how to achieve this.
Below is the part of the code which I have executed successfully.

Requirement myRequirement = new Requirement();
myRequirement.setInstanceShape(featureInstanceShape.getAbout());
myRequirement.setTitle("Requirement 01");
String primaryText = null;
primaryText = "This requirement is created to test";
org.w3c.dom.Element obj = RmUtil.convertStringToHTML(primaryText);
myRequirement.getExtendedProperties().put(RmConstants.PROPERTY_PRIMARY_TEXT, obj);
myRequirement.setDescription("Created Through Java Client");
myRequirement.addElaboratedBy(new Link(new URI("http://www.google.com"), "Link example"));
ClientResponse creationResponse = client.createResource(requirementFactory, myRequirement,
OslcMediaType.APPLICATION_RDF_XML,
OslcMediaType.APPLICATION_RDF_XML);

Now, before I send this requirement to the server, I want to create EmpID attribute and fill it with the data.
Explanation with example or link to an example code will really help. 
Thank you.

2 answers

permanent link
Gabriel Ruelas (1.1k13) | answered Apr 01 '16, 9:48 a.m.
The OSLC spec does not specify a way to modify project structure. If the attribute does not exists an OSLC consdumer will not be able to update it.

Comments
Sandesh Iruvatharaya commented Apr 03 '16, 11:48 p.m.

Thank you very much. At least now I clearly know that it is not possible, I can look for alternative solutions to achieve this. Cheers!!!

permanent link
Adrian Haw (2641041) | answered Apr 04 '16, 10:31 a.m.
edited Apr 04 '16, 10:31 a.m.
The ability to create user-defined types and attributes would be a very useful addition to the client extension API.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.