It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem with Team Artifacts window drawing in Eclipse client version 5.0.2

David Chris (1112) | asked Mar 31 '16, 1:30 p.m.
edited Apr 06 '16, 5:08 p.m.
I recently started using RTC Version: 5.0.2 Build id: RTC-I20141031-0926 with iFix006

In the Eclipse client the main Team Artifacts outline on the left sometimes fails to redraw when it needs to. The whole window pane goes blank except for the one element I clicked on. I have to drag the mouse up and down the the window pane to get it to redraw. 

Is this a known issue? I never saw this issue in 4.x.

Thanks
David

Comments
Ian Wark commented Apr 01 '16, 3:59 a.m.

For 1) I had a go in RTC 5.0.2 Eclipse 4.2 client iFix009 and I got the below behavior. I couldn't find a known defect for this. Is this the kind of thing you are experiencing? I accidentally moved the mouse while taking the screen capture and it redrew a few more lines.

Redraw is slow

David Chris commented Apr 01 '16, 10:17 a.m.

Yes. That looks exactly like the issue I'm experiencing in the Team Artifacts window pane (1 above).  I click somewhere on the outline, and it disappears - except for the line I clicked on.

Shawn Maclaga commented Apr 04 '16, 10:41 p.m.

David,
We're having problems reproducing the problem as described.
Can you please have a look at the work item and fill in any information that would help us reproduce the problem?

Thanks,
Shawn
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=387663

Ian Wark commented Apr 05 '16, 2:48 a.m.

David, for question 2) I can't find an existing defect and I am not able to reproduce. Could you add a screen shot and explain more about when the issue happens? When you say it happens often, how often do you mean? Does it happen in certain conditions? For example, it happens when there are a lot of baselines to choose from. Does it happen for any stream or only one? If you can narrow things down a bit it would be helpful.

One answer

permanent link
Ian Wark (79713550) | answered Apr 04 '16, 4:55 a.m.
I went ahead and created a defect work item for issue 1) :

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=387663

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.