It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JRS - using custom attributes

Mahari Hill (4861169230) | asked Mar 31 '16, 10:09 a.m.
edited Mar 31 '16, 11:15 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
Tools version CLM 601

I created a new enumeration field and I am using it in two projects. I now want to run a report on this new field across projects. However, I can't find this new attribute. It's been 3 days since I created this so the DW has run. It's an Enumeration that is on Defect, Enhancement, Task and Story, but it does not appear as a selection on the condition or column selection.

What am I missing?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 31 '16, 11:12 a.m. | edited Mar 31 '16, 11:15 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Edit - Bummer, I didn't see your version number mentioned....

Sorry Mahari!

2 answers

permanent link
Steven Shaw (55113) | answered Mar 31 '16, 10:50 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello,

This usually indicates that the data source hasn't been refreshed with the new meta model information.  However I see you're using version 6.0.1 where this should happen on a schedule of every 12 hours.  To be sure, can you get your Report Manager (admin) to navigate to the "Rational Data Warehouse" datasource from the admin section and then click on the "Refresh" button in the right hand corner.

Otherwise, some additional questions:
- Do you see this custom attribute in the RTC Query editor?
- Is there anything special about this enumeration?  Is an enumeration of strings or something different?
- Have you added data (set the attribute) on specific works items such that the enumeration attribute has values?

Regards,

-Steve

Comments
Mahari Hill commented Mar 31 '16, 11:31 a.m.

Hello,

I did the refresh and it still does not show up as an option for Condition or Format Results. I just ran a query in both projects and the field is available as a selection.for condition and column display.

Its a regular enumeration and has only 3 text choices.

- i can see as it as a query.
- it a string and it has string choices
- Yes I wanted to make sure that both projects had different types of choices for when I ran the report.

permanent link
Steven Shaw (55113) | answered Mar 31 '16, 11:57 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Mahari,

Based on your response, I'm afraid I can't explain why you're not seeing the custom attribute.  My guess is that something isn't configured properly in the DCC (Data Collection Component).  We do fully support enumeration custom attributes in our JRS reports.  This is demonstrable in the MTM sample that can be deployed in a new RTC Project area.

Your best bet would be to contact IBM support where they could evaluate if there is something wrong with how the custom attribute has been set-up or whether there is a product issue or not.

Sorry,

-Steve

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.