It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

what is Execution Item and Plan Item?

Praveen Chougala (31730) | asked Mar 31 '16, 9:52 a.m.
 Hi,

how do i know, which work item is execution item and whcih one is plan item?.
I need this to create release plan which will display accumulated time with solid bars and hollow bars.
the work items i create are only showing hollow accumulated time bars, how do i make it a solid bar?

Thanks,
Praveen

2 answers

permanent link
Praveen Chougala (31730) | answered Mar 31 '16, 10:15 a.m.
 Thanks a lot Ralph. 

How do i breakdown my plan item into Execution Item?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 31 '16, 10:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Basically, the distinction is important for the load and other bars. For the typical user it is only important that there are filters at plan level that allow to filter execution items.

If all the work items are in the same project area, you can use the parent child relationship to track execution effort and plan items. If you plan across project areas, you should use the tracks relationship and cross project planning.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 31 '16, 10:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is configured in the Eclipse client Admin UI (and only there, unfortunately). Basically the execution items are supposed to have a time tracked that is accumulated on the plan items. In Plans often the execution item is less interesting and you wnat to rather know about the plan items.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.