It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to mark requirement artifact suspicious using oslc api or javascript in DNG

Nilesh Patil (1733650) | asked Mar 30 '16, 1:54 a.m.
Hi All,

The requirement is I have to mark Requirement artifact suspicious based on change in RTC source control link. 
I have added rtc source control link in requirement artifact using "Implemented by" link(Using oslc api added this link). 
I also have created plugin in RTC which will be triggered on delivery of some XML file. Now from the plugin source code I am trying to update requirement artifact linked to this source control link. I am getting requirement artifact but issue is I am not able to mark this artifact as suspicious.

Could you please let me know how to mark artifact suspicious using OSLC or any other way?

Thank you in advance

2 answers

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Mar 30 '16, 2:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
How do you create a implemented by link pointing to a source control item (ie program code)?
Unless I am missing something, requirement artifacts can link to different flavors of work items (change request, defects etc) and trigger suspicion based on changes on those.

So showing how your suspicion profile is setup would help here, specifically how you did the source control linking...

Comments
Nilesh Patil commented Mar 30 '16, 5:48 a.m.

Hi Bas,

Thank you for quick response
Using OSLC I have created that link. I have used "Implemented By" link to point to source control.(Through GUI its not possible to link Source control link as implemented by"). I have used this link for POC purpose. The main intention is to show requirement is suspicious on change in source control item after adding to DNG

Basically the question is how to mark requirement artifact suspicious programmatically using oslc or javascript.

Is there any way to show Requirement artifact suspicious programmatically?

Bas Bekker commented Mar 30 '16, 10:48 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

About a public API for DNG, there are three API's:

I know the OSLC and Reportable API cannot show suspicion programmatically.
Not sure about the Javascript client extensions, you can check that yourself

And no, you cannot create a suspicion between an DNG artifact and an RTC source control item. Just check the UI to create a suspicion profile, it just doesn't let you choose a source control item.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 31 '16, 7:41 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I believe the enhancement you are looking for is: enable jazz SCM to allow creating links to SCM items in a global configuration context and contributing to the validity service  (370719)
In particular, the "validity service" is what provides suspicion support for versioned artifacts.
This is currently under consideration for the next release of RTC (6.0.3), so now would be an appropriate time to vote it up if you are interested in this functionality, or add a comment.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.