It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Issues with SOAP webclient in RTC extension

Fran Burgos (12312151) | asked Mar 28 '16, 11:37 a.m.
edited Mar 29 '16, 11:50 a.m.
We have a participant for RTC 5.0.2 who uses a SOAP webclient to call actions in a remote server using Work Item information. This have been working correctly until we developed other participant with other webclient. From that moment, sometimes one of them fails with the following error:

java.lang.Throwable: ; nested exception is: 
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender incompatible with org.apache.axis.Handler

If we test the particpants in separated environments then every participant works fine but when both are at the same environment then sometimes one of them fails. I think it can be related to: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4566580/strange-interaction-with-axis-osgi

For generating the webclient we used Eclipse 3.6 (New > Web Service Client) with Axis 1.4. The libraries axis.jar, jaxrpc.jar, saaj.jar, webserviceutils.jar and wsdl4.jar are included in a lib folder within every bundle. 

Any idea? Is there any other way to generate the webclients that would better for using into RTC? Any workshop or documentation related to generate webclient for RTC?

Thank you.

Edit 1:

We develop extensions with Tomcat and Jetty but our integration and production environments are deployed in Websphere. We found the axis.jar which is in the server on the following paths:

/opt/ibm/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/temp/Node01/server1/ccm_war/ccm.war/eclipse/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/1057/1/.cp/lib/axis.jar
/opt/ibm/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/temp/Node01/server1/ccm_war/ccm.war/eclipse/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/286/1/.cp/libs/axis.jar
/opt/ibm/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/temp/Node01/server1/ccm_war/ccm.war/eclipse/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/291/1/.cp/lib/axis.jar
/opt/ibm/WebSphere/AppServer/deploytool/itp/plugins/org.apache.axis_1.4.0.v201005080400/lib/axis-ant.jar
/opt/ibm/WebSphere/AppServer/deploytool/itp/plugins/org.apache.axis_1.4.0.v201005080400/lib/axis.jar

All Axis manifests are the same: 
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.6.5
Created-By: 1.4.2_08-b03 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)

Name: org/apache/axis
Implementation-Title: Apache Axis
Implementation-Version: 1.4 1855 April 22 2006
Implementation-Vendor: Apache Web Services

Edit 2:

Both plugins are configured with alike classpaths (it only changes the webservice, in this case lib/gramolin.webservice.client.jar)
Plugin Configuration

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Mar 28 '16, 7:40 p.m.
The first thing I would check is whether there are different versions of Axis deployed on the server. Such errors are quite commonly caused by class loading, as you have found out. I can't imagine how you can have such an error if you have only one version of Axis.

Comments
Fran Burgos commented Mar 29 '16, 11:02 a.m.

I have added information to the thread (edit 1).

sam detweiler commented Mar 29 '16, 11:26 a.m.

I always put the specific extension jar files in the extension libpath.. to insure that I don't get this conflict with the server provided jars

Fran Burgos commented Mar 29 '16, 11:53 a.m.

I think is what I did it (edit 2).

Donald Nong commented Mar 29 '16, 7:45 p.m.

Now you mention WebSphere, and it gets more complicated. :-)

Check the "Avoiding conflicts with WebSphere's JAX-WS runtime" section in the below document and see if it helps.
https://axis.apache.org/axis2/java/core/docs/app_server.html

Fran Burgos commented Apr 04 '16, 5:54 a.m.

@dnong You are right is an issue between JAX-WS runtime and Axis. I uploaded the webclient from Axis to Axis2 and I configured WAS such as it is indicated in the link and now all works fine. Thx.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.