It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

6.0.1 CCM Context root not found, after reboot. JTS running, reinstalled never mind

sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | asked Mar 24 '16, 8:59 a.m.
edited Mar 25 '16, 5:20 p.m.
I see this error in the CCM messages.log (server\liberty\servers\clm\logs>) (Windows 7, running on derby)

I FFDC1015I: An FFDC Incident has been created: "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException com.ibm.ws.kernel.filemonitor.internal.CoreServiceImpl 226" at ffdc_16.03.24_07.08.30.0.log
[3/24/16 7:08:30:452 CDT] 00000062 LogService-17-com.ibm.ws.kernel.filemonitor                  E CWWKE0701E: [com.ibm.ws.kernel.filemonitor.internal.scan.ScanningCoreServiceImpl(21)] The setMonitor method has thrown an exception Bundle:com.ibm.ws.kernel.filemonitor(id=17) java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

Comments
Abraham Sweiss commented Mar 25 '16, 10:12 a.m.
  1. When is the error about the missing context root thrown.
  2. In the console.log are there messages that the ccm.war was started.
  3. I take it when we say reboot that the server hosting CLM was shut down and restarted.
  4. ALso I take it this worked before the reboot.  That is the ccm aplication was accessible.
  5. On the jts/admin page, is the ccm application still listed under registered applications
  6. Was the latest iFix installed.

sam detweiler commented Mar 25 '16, 10:34 a.m.

thanks..

1. when I try to use the web app to logon to ccm
https://server:port/ccm/admin
https://server:port/jts/admin works
2. no ccm info in console.log
3. yes
4. yes
5. yes
6. no, GA code on a dev system

clmhelp app works, jts works, ccm doesn't

Abraham Sweiss commented Mar 25 '16, 1:29 p.m.
  1. Are there any errors in the console.log related to start up issues for the ccm application.
  2. Check the <CLM_Install_Root>/server/liberty/
    servres/clm/apps directory and confirm that ccm still exists
  3. Review the application.xml in the ../servers/clm/conf directory and confirm ccm entries exist.

sam detweiler commented Mar 25 '16, 1:59 p.m.
  1. no mention of ccm in the console log
  2. yes, still there
      the zip looks good and the directory looks good.. last modified on dec 30,15
      files dated  nov, 6, 15
  3. yes, still in application.xml

Abraham Sweiss commented Mar 25 '16, 2:17 p.m.

So it looks like the ccm server is not starting up.  Lets do the two following tests.

Test 1:  Lets try cleaning up the OSGI cache to see if that helps.

1. stop the server
2. Check the task manager to ensure the java process is not lingering around
3. Open the server.startup.bat and

locate the following line, which should be towards the end

call "%START_DIR%"\liberty.server.bat start
and change to

call "%START_DIR%"\liberty.server.bat start -clean

Test 2: see if there is a resource constraint on the server.
1. Stop the server
2. Check the task manager to ensure the java process is not stil running.
3. Make a backup of the application .xml
4. Edit the application.xml where all applications other then jts and ccm are commented out.  SInce this is an xml file use
<!--    ....  ->
To comment out the entries.

sam detweiler commented Mar 25 '16, 2:31 p.m. | edited Mar 25 '16, 2:33 p.m.

test 1
           call "%START_DIR%"\liberty.server.bat start -clean

INFO: Health Center agent started on port 1972.
Starting server clm.
Server clm start failed. Check server logs for details.
---- start.log
NFO: Health Center agent started on port 1973.
CWWKE0005E: The runtime environment could not be launched.
CWWKE0018E: An exception occurred while launching the runtime environment: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The state  could not be created. state=M:\rtc 6.0.1 gm\server\liberty\servers\clm\logs\state
=======
sam comment
run as admin does not change results

Abraham Sweiss commented Mar 25 '16, 2:43 p.m.

Try the following
            call "%START_DIR%"\liberty.server.bat run -clean
This will dump the contents of the console.log to a command window
This is what i use in my test bed

sam detweiler commented Mar 25 '16, 2:55 p.m.

see answer below, too much for comment

...liberty.server.bat run -clean

showing 5 of 8 show 3 more comments

4 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 25 '16, 2:51 p.m.
Mar 25, 2016 1:50:46 PM com.ibm.java.diagnostics.healthcenter.agent.mbean.HCLaunchMBean <init>
INFO: Agent version "3.0.4.20150622"
Mar 25, 2016 1:50:46 PM com.ibm.java.diagnostics.healthcenter.agent.mbean.HCLaunchMBean createJMXConnector
INFO: IIOP will be listening on the next available system assigned port. Use com.ibm.java.diagnostics.healthcenter.agent.iiop.port to specify a port
Mar 25, 2016 1:50:46 PM com.ibm.java.diagnostics.healthcenter.agent.mbean.HCLaunchMBean startAgent
INFO: Health Center agent started on port 1972.
CWWKE0005E: The runtime environment could not be launched.
CWWKE0018E: An exception occurred while launching the runtime environment: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The state  could not be created. state=M:\
rtc 6.0.1 gm\server\liberty\servers\clm\logs\state
com.ibm.ws.kernel.boot.LaunchException: Caught unexpected exception java.lang.IllegalStateException: The state  could not be created. state=M:\rtc 6.0
.1 gm\server\liberty\servers\clm\logs\state
        at com.ibm.ws.kernel.boot.internal.KernelBootstrap.rethrowException(KernelBootstrap.java:524)
        at com.ibm.ws.kernel.boot.internal.KernelBootstrap.go(KernelBootstrap.java:207)
        at com.ibm.ws.kernel.boot.Launcher.handleActions(Launcher.java:245)
        at com.ibm.ws.kernel.boot.Launcher.createPlatform(Launcher.java:120)
        at com.ibm.ws.kernel.boot.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:55)
        at com.ibm.ws.kernel.boot.cmdline.EnvCheck.main(EnvCheck.java:61)
        at com.ibm.ws.kernel.boot.cmdline.EnvCheck.main(EnvCheck.java:37)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The state  could not be created. state=M:\rtc 6.0.1 gm\server\liberty\servers\clm\logs\state
        at com.ibm.ws.kernel.boot.internal.KernelUtils.cleanDirectory(KernelUtils.java:183)
        at com.ibm.ws.kernel.boot.internal.KernelBootstrap.clearServerStateDir(KernelBootstrap.java:222)
        at com.ibm.ws.kernel.boot.internal.KernelBootstrap.go(KernelBootstrap.java:101)
        ... 5 more

Comments
Abraham Sweiss commented Mar 25 '16, 2:58 p.m.

try running with jus t"RUn and not "run -clean"   and lets see what the results turn out to be.

sam detweiler commented Mar 25 '16, 3:03 p.m.

see answer below.. no reference to ccm.war

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 25 '16, 3:02 p.m.
[AUDIT   ] CWWKE0001I: The server clm has been launched.
[AUDIT   ] CWWKG0028A: Processing included configuration resource: M:\rtc 6.0.1 gm\server\liberty\servers\clm\conf\basicUserRegistry.xml
[AUDIT   ] CWWKG0028A: Processing included configuration resource: M:\rtc 6.0.1 gm\server\liberty\servers\clm\conf\application.xml
[WARNING ] CWWKZ0014W: The application rdmhelp could not be started as it could not be found at location M:/rtc 6.0.1 gm/server/liberty/servers/clm/ap
ps/rdmhelp.war.
[WARNING ] CWWKZ0014W: The application ldx could not be started as it could not be found at location M:/rtc 6.0.1 gm/server/liberty/servers/clm/apps/l
dx.war.
[WARNING ] CWWKZ0014W: The application converter could not be started as it could not be found at location M:/rtc 6.0.1 gm/server/liberty/servers/clm/
apps/converter.war.
[WARNING ] CWWKZ0014W: The application gc could not be started as it could not be found at location M:/rtc 6.0.1 gm/server/liberty/servers/clm/apps/gc
.war.
[WARNING ] CWWKZ0014W: The application csm could not be started as it could not be found at location M:/rtc 6.0.1 gm/server/liberty/servers/clm/apps/c
sm.war.
[WARNING ] CWWKZ0014W: The application relm could not be started as it could not be found at location M:/rtc 6.0.1 gm/server/liberty/servers/clm/apps/
relm.war.
[WARNING ] CWWKZ0014W: The application lqe could not be started as it could not be found at location M:/rtc 6.0.1 gm/server/liberty/servers/clm/apps/l
qe.war.
[WARNING ] CWWKZ0014W: The application dcc could not be started as it could not be found at location M:/rtc 6.0.1 gm/server/liberty/servers/clm/apps/d
cc.war.
[WARNING ] CWWKZ0014W: The application rs could not be started as it could not be found at location M:/rtc 6.0.1 gm/server/liberty/servers/clm/apps/rs
.war.
[WARNING ] CWWKZ0014W: The application rsadm could not be started as it could not be found at location M:/rtc 6.0.1 gm/server/liberty/servers/clm/apps
/rsadm.war.
[WARNING ] CWWKZ0014W: The application dm could not be started as it could not be found at location M:/rtc 6.0.1 gm/server/liberty/servers/clm/apps/dm
.war.
[WARNING ] CWWKZ0014W: The application qm could not be started as it could not be found at location M:/rtc 6.0.1 gm/server/liberty/servers/clm/apps/qm
.war.
[WARNING ] CWWKZ0014W: The application rm could not be started as it could not be found at location M:/rtc 6.0.1 gm/server/liberty/servers/clm/apps/rm
.war.
[ERROR   ] CWWKE0701E: [com.ibm.ws.kernel.filemonitor.internal.scan.ScanningCoreServiceImpl(23)] The setMonitor method has thrown an exception Bundle:
com.ibm.ws.kernel.filemonitor(id=17) java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
        at com.ibm.ws.artifact.overlay.internal.DirectoryBasedOverlayContainerImpl.setOverlayDirectory(DirectoryBasedOverlayContainerImpl.java:1188)
        at [internal classes]

[AUDIT   ] CWWKT0016I: Web application available (default_host): http://sams:9580/jts/
[AUDIT   ] CWWKZ0001I: Application jts started in 0.211 seconds.
[AUDIT   ] CWWKT0016I: Web application available (default_host): http://sams:9580/clmhelp/
[AUDIT   ] CWWKZ0001I: Application clmhelp started in 0.217 seconds.
[AUDIT   ] CWWKF0015I: The server has the following interim fixes installed: PI50717.
[AUDIT   ] CWWKF0012I: The server installed the following features: [appSecurity-1.0, ldapRegistry-3.0, ssl-1.0, appSecurity-2.0, jsp-2.2, servlet-3.0
, monitor-1.0, jndi-1.0, distributedMap-1.0].
[AUDIT   ] CWWKF0011I: The server clm is ready to run a smarter planet.

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Mar 25 '16, 3:23 p.m.
Okay, so since -clean option fails and ccm still fails to start. lets see if redeploying the clm applications fixes things.  If it does not then we will need a PMR so we can get Websphere support engaged....or the error can be posted on the DeveloperWorks forums which should be monitored by Liberty experts.

Here are the steps to redeploy the CLM applications to Liberty.
1. Rename <CLM_Install_ROot>/server/liberty/servers/clm
2. Confirm that the clm war files exist in the ../server/webApps directory.  To have the war files in this directory the option i the install process to deploy the war files would have needed to be selected.
a. If the files do not exist, then a possible workaround  would be to
>copy the zip files from the clm/apps directory to the server/webApps directory
>remove the zip extention so we only have files with the .war extention
3. In the startserver script, replace "run -clean" with "create"
4. start up the server
5. Confirm the /servers/clm directory has been created
6. Stop the server and revert the change that was made in step 3
7. If any modifications were made to the server.xml, application.xml, ldapuserRegistry or baseuserRegistry files, replace the new ones with the ones in the backed up clm folder.

If this does not resolve the issue, we will need a PMR to engage support.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Mar 25 '16, 3:49 p.m.

thanks.. this is the zip install, not using IM.
there is no webApps folder. under server anywhere, and thus no war files.

I can reinstall just wanted to figure out what was going on.

I don't have a customer number anymore, so can't get support.
thanks for your help..

Abraham Sweiss commented Mar 25 '16, 3:58 p.m.

Oh, then I would do the following:
NOTE: I am assuming everything with the plain zip package uses relative paths
1. Unpack the repo to another directory.
2. Copy the server/conf from the existing install to the new install (replacing the new conf directory)
3. If the server.xml, application.xml, ldap user registry.xml or baseuserRegistry.xml have been modified, copy them from the existing install to the new install.

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 25 '16, 5:02 p.m.
unzip zip, fixup server.xml (s), and start, plus jts/setup worked.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.