It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does the RTC synchronizer ID need to be the same as the CC synchronizer ID?

James Mislay (117) | asked Mar 24 '16, 8:22 a.m.
 I am investigating how to synchronize Clearcase and RTC data.  I would like to setup a test environment to understand how this works.  I would like to make the setup as easy as possible (potentially using existing IDs instead of creating new ones for RTC and ClearCase).  Can these IDs be different for RTC and Clearcase?  I know that it states not to use a developer team ID for RTC synchronizer.  Since this is investigation work, is there an easier way to use existing IDs?  We are using Base ClearCase and RTC v6.0.1

Thanks,
Jim

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 24 '16, 6:52 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The guidance to not use the user ID for a normal user as the user ID for a synchronized stream applies to the RTC user ID, not the ClearCase user ID (for the ClearCase user ID, using the ID of a normal ClearCase user is fine).   The reason for this guidance is that the synchronization metatdata is stored in RTC under the user ID for the synchronization stream, and using the user ID of a normal user as the user ID for the synchronized stream allows this user to modify (i.e. "break") the synchronization metadata for that synchronized stream.   But if you are just doing this in a test environment, it is OK to user the user ID of a normal user, since the worst you can do is mess up your test data.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.