It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can't select Execution Records when eun test case from Suite

Sin Fatt Choong (2644) | asked Aug 10 '09, 10:53 a.m.
I have created a few Test Execution Records (TER) for a test cases. I am able to select a TER before running a test case. However, if I group a few test cases into a Suite, when I run the test case from within a suite, there is no option to pick the TER. It automatically picks the first TER.

Is this a design flaw or there is a workaround ?

One answer

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Aug 11 '09, 10:02 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
You are correct that when you go to run the whole suite you can not select the TERs for the Test Cases; it uses the currently selected TER.
What you can do is:
Go to Summary, select a Test Case (with check box), and press the "Change Execution Properties" button to associated a different TER.
You can also run individual Test Cases from withing the Suite and you will be prompted for a TER.

Is selecting TERs for each Test Case at Suite runtime something that you require? If so, that would be an enhancement.

Regards,
John

I have created a few Test Execution Records (TER) for a test cases. I am able to select a TER before running a test case. However, if I group a few test cases into a Suite, when I run the test case from within a suite, there is no option to pick the TER. It automatically picks the first TER.

Is this a design flaw or there is a workaround ?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.