It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can't select Execution Records when eun test case from Suite

Sin Fatt Choong (2644) | asked Aug 10 '09, 10:53 a.m.
I have created a few Test Execution Records (TER) for a test cases. I am able to select a TER before running a test case. However, if I group a few test cases into a Suite, when I run the test case from within a suite, there is no option to pick the TER. It automatically picks the first TER.

Is this a design flaw or there is a workaround ?

One answer

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Aug 11 '09, 10:02 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
You are correct that when you go to run the whole suite you can not select the TERs for the Test Cases; it uses the currently selected TER.
What you can do is:
Go to Summary, select a Test Case (with check box), and press the "Change Execution Properties" button to associated a different TER.
You can also run individual Test Cases from withing the Suite and you will be prompted for a TER.

Is selecting TERs for each Test Case at Suite runtime something that you require? If so, that would be an enhancement.

Regards,
John

I have created a few Test Execution Records (TER) for a test cases. I am able to select a TER before running a test case. However, if I group a few test cases into a Suite, when I run the test case from within a suite, there is no option to pick the TER. It automatically picks the first TER.

Is this a design flaw or there is a workaround ?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.