It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

in RTC API: What is the class/method/parameters should use to reset the "planned for" field to "Unassigned"

Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13277) | asked Mar 24 '16, 6:16 a.m.
In RTC 5.0.2 API Precisely, as soon as the "planned for" field has been set to a particular release, there is no apparent way to set it back to "Unassigned".

The question is : What is the class/method/parameters, should use to reset the "planned for" field to "Unassigned" on a workitem ?

3 answers

permanent link
Nicole Cherches (113) | answered Jun 22 '21, 7:33 a.m.
I still have that issue, even though it was marked as fixed in this above mentioned defect:

Can anyone provide information on this?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jun 22 '21, 8:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you like to get an answer to your question, create your own question. Do not expect to get an answer  for your answer to the question of someone else, that is 5 years old.

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13277) | answered Apr 19 '16, 10:08 a.m.
Its reported as a defect, please find the link below.

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=328579

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 29 '16, 5:46 a.m.
Have you considered to  read the value for a work item that has no assigned iteration? If you want to use the API looking at the data the API reads is absolutely crucial to learn how to set values.

I looked at a work item that has the "Planned for" attribute set to unassigned and the value that is stored is null.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Mar 29 '16, 9:45 a.m.

I don't think the API will allow you to rest to null

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 29 '16, 10:25 a.m.

I think I never tried that either. Not sure that I tested this. com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.ItemSelectionDialog.getIteration(Shell, IProjectAreaHandle, IWorkItem, IIteration) does the selection in the Eclipse client. I just don't have time to debug it right now.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.