It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How the query condition- work item status can be grouped?

Mohanraj Ragupathi (54519) | asked Mar 24 '16, 3:05 a.m.
 In RTC 502, we have Defect, Task, Story work items which we have Analysis state. 
When we create these work item and work flow in template, the Defect and Task are using same Analysis state (literal id is same) but for story it is different. 
So when we see the status in query condition, it is showing as
Analysis (Defect, Task)
Analysis (Story)
Closed (Task)
Closed (Story)
Closed (Defect)
I want to group these states and show it like below

Analysis (Defect, Task, Story)
Closed (Defect, Task, Story)

To meet this, in the process configuration source, I have copied the Defect Analyis state literal ID and replace it in Story - Analysis literal ID. 
This will show the query condition as expected i.e.

Analysis (Defect, Task, Story)

But when I check the story work item which all are in Analysis state earlier become uninitialized and NOT at all editable. 
What is the issue? How to solve this? 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 24 '16, 3:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As the literal ID of the state is actually used to determine the state, you can not change it later, without loosing the state information of all items in the state.

You could try to export all stories in the state, change the ID and then import the exported stories and set the new ID. I am not sure if that is a good idea though.
Mohanraj Ragupathi selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Mohanraj Ragupathi (54519) | answered Mar 24 '16, 8:41 a.m.
edited Mar 24 '16, 8:45 a.m.
 Ralph,                    I tried this earlier and when I import the workitem with ID change, RTC is showing an error like you don't have access to work item. 
             Today after your response, I sit and search the literal ID usage in for e.g. epic -  "closed" state and replace it with defect - "Closed" state literal ID.
                 Before that I exported all epic workitems in "closed" state. Once the ID in the project configuration source got modified, the csv file is imported back with "custom data mapping" file which will map "closed" state to literal id.
<action icon="processattachment:/workflow/close.gif" id="com.ibm.team.apt.epic.workflow.action.a7" name="Set Closed" state="com.ibm.team.apt.epic.workflow.state.s3"/>
<state group="closed" icon="processattachment:/workflow/close.gif" id="com.ibm.team.apt.epic.workflow.state.s3" name="Closed" showResolution="false">
wherever literal ID com.ibm.team.apt.epic.workflow.state.s3 is used , that is replaced with Defect workitem closed state literal id "s4".
<action icon="processattachment:/workflow/close.gif" id="com.ibm.team.apt.epic.workflow.action.a7" name="Set Closed" state="s4"/>
<state group="closed" icon="processattachment:/workflow/close.gif" id="s4" name="Closed" showResolution="false">

NOW the question is: Whether this will create any issue in Planning or BASIC rtc functionality? something like LOAD BAR calculation  / Ranking / effort hours "rollup", etc...????

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 24 '16, 9:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

How would I know? I think thi sis something you have to test and decide for yourself.

Mohanraj Ragupathi commented Mar 28 '16, 5:48 a.m.

Ralph, Basically I am worrying about the state literal ID which is belongs to Story or Task replaced by defect state literal ID. In case if RTC in-built "scripts" used the  Story/Task state ID in LOAD Bar or Ranking or any of the plan view or effort hours roll up, then it will have an effect. To make sure this shouldn't be an indirect effect and disturb the plan review.

Mohanraj Ragupathi commented Mar 28 '16, 5:50 a.m.

Ralph, Basically I am worrying about the state literal ID which is belongs to Story or Task replaced by defect state literal ID. In case if RTC in-built "scripts" used the  Story/Task state ID in LOAD Bar or Ranking or any of the plan view or effort hours roll up, then it will have an effect. To make sure this shouldn't be an indirect effect and disturb the plan review.

Mohanraj Ragupathi commented Mar 28 '16, 6:08 a.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.