It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to call RTC Client APIs from C# Code?

Didem Demir (1111) | asked Mar 21 '16, 11:34 a.m.

Hi,

We need to get some data defined in the Process Configuration Source xml. According to our development environment, all our codes are written in C# and we want to call RTC API such as :projectArea.getProcessData();  in C#. I had called RTC Client API s from Java Code  before ; but I did not make any direct call with RTC client APIs in C# codes.

Is there any way directly using RTC Client APIs in C# or is there the only one way to call RTC Client APIs in C# code is using the OSLC?

Thanks so much for your support,

Didem Demir

One answer

permanent link
Tiago Moura (8387) | answered Mar 21 '16, 12:36 p.m.
As far as I known, doesn't exists a C# SDK to create native clients. However the OSLC API is based on REST web services, which means that it is independent from programming language. Maybe, using C# you may have some extra work compared with JAVA.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 22 '16, 2:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The RTC Visual Studio Client uses the REST API's.

In addition, there are tools that can be used to create wrapper around Java API's and make them accessible in C#. I assume that this is a common problem for MS Visual Studio Users.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.