It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Reinstalling JTS on IBM i

Sune Elvig (122) | asked Mar 21 '16, 10:40 a.m.
 Hi

I have been playing around with an JTS/CCM installation on IBM i. Everything has been working fine.
I have now decided to change the public URI before using the installation for any real purpose.
I have deleted the libraries JAZZCCMDB and JAZZJTSDB. I have tried changing the public URI in the teamserver.properties file and then run the /jts/setup steps again. The first step still insists to name the public URI the old address. 

The question is, what should I change or delete, to be able to give the installation a new name in the first step? Do I need to go further back in the installation process? 

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 22 '16, 3:14 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can either follow the product help and change the public URI (only suggested if you really need to do this for a production system or for upgrade tests), or you scrap your complete setup and install everything fresh.

The latter option means, you basically throw a way all data bases and do a complete new setup for all applications.

permanent link
Alex Moore (812) | answered May 17 '16, 4:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Once you delete the JAZZCCMDB & JAZZJTSDB logon to both JTS & CCM server and issue a server reset and this should clear the cache of remembering the previous URL.
https://<hostname>:port/jts/admin?internal#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.serverReset
https://<hostname>:port/ccm/admin?internal#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.serverReset

Next, shutdown the server and copy the teamserver.propeties file from /QIBM/ProdData/JazzTeamServerxxxx/server/conf/ccm & /jts to /QIBM/UserData/JazzTeamServerxxx/server/conf/ccm & /jts and now you should be able to start the WAS server and go through jts/setup again successfully.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.