It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Doors NG report q requirement module

Ozgur Karadeniz (113) | asked Mar 20 '16, 7:09 a.m.
 Dear Sir/Madam
We are using Doors NG in our company. When we get report from Doors NG to MS word table format we can not see module names of links although we see them on doors page. That is, Doors NG web view shows module names of links, report does not? This is a request from our customer. How can we solve this problem?
Regards

Comments
Donald Nong commented Mar 20 '16, 8:20 p.m.

Which version? Can you explain in details what "module names of links" means?

Ozgur Karadeniz commented Mar 21 '16, 2:38 a.m. | edited Mar 27 '16, 7:42 p.m.

Doors NG version is 5.0.2.

In Doors web view you can see a summary of "link to" links in cell and module name right after. But if you get a MS word report of this view you can not see module name in Word report. We need to see module name as well in Word report to give customer.

I can send an image to show you clearly but this page does not allow me to upload. (It says reputation must be higher than 60) I can send through an email address.

Ozgur Karadeniz commented Mar 25 '16, 7:26 a.m. | edited Mar 27 '16, 7:42 p.m.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r3u1s1dg3zxqiqh/Links.jpeg?oref=e

This the link which shows difference between doors NG and its report. Module name is missing in report.​ <o:p> </o:p>

Ozgur Karadeniz commented Mar 25 '16, 7:27 a.m.

How can we solve this problem?

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Mar 27 '16, 9:30 p.m.
Before you determine whether this behavior is a defect, or how it "should" work, you need to have clear understanding the concept of "reusing artifacts in modules". Otherwise it may just bring more confusions.
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.2/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/t_reuse_artifacts_modules.html

You should note the distinction between a "base artifact" and a "module artifact", which is demonstrated in the above document. Also keep in mind that a base artifact can be reused in more than one module - for such artifact, if you hover the mouse over it in the grid view, you will see that more than one modules are listed under "In Modules".

And finally, if you simply want the exported document to look exactly the same as you see on the Web GUI, I believe you can submit a defect for it (read the above document first so that you can describe the problem using the correct terms). I have checked with RDNG 6.0.1 and the behavior is still the same - no indication of a module artifact in the link column.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.