It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

can install two different version rtc in one machine?

yaowu liu (2113) | asked Mar 18 '16, 12:00 a.m.
I installed RSA 8.5 with RTC client 5.0.2  earlier,  I install RSAD 9.5 with RTC 6.0.1 client today, in RTC 6.0.1, I cannot "connecting to an existing project area" -- when I click File->Accept Team Invitation --> connecting to an existing project area, the window is closed, but no error , no future response -- The client 5.0.2 ( RSA 8.5) is not started in that time

2 answers

permanent link
xiao xing lu (612) | answered Mar 18 '16, 1:25 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I guess you can. Could you switch to a new fresh workspace(navigate to another workspace as launching RTC client)? Then check if the issue persist.
Have you check the log workspace\.metadata\.log as well?

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 18 '16, 1:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you know what you are doing you can have as many different versions of the tools on your machine. Clients as well as servers.

You have to install them side by side and keep the install folders and the public URI's separate and make sure only one instance is using one port. You would have to be careful with Eclipse workspaces, as there have been incompatibilities in the past e.g. once used with version N I have seen issues when opening with version N-1.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.