It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Connecting CLM v6.0.0 to DB2 on IBM i

Thomas Karlkvist (1113) | asked Mar 17 '16, 4:34 p.m.
edited Mar 17 '16, 4:36 p.m.
 Hello!
I struggle to find instructions for installation and configuration of a DB2-database set on IBM i (iSeries, AS400...).
Setup is CLM v6.0.0 on Windows 2012 R2 Server, Tomcat 7, currently Derby database.

When trying to (test) connect to "DB2 on i" for migration I get error on missing drivers for com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver, see below.
It should apparently be installed in a directory under JazzTeamServer/server/db2i

I choose
and use a JDBC connection string as suggested (with customer paths of course)
jdbc:as400://SERVER/COLLECTION/;user=ADMIN;password={password};metadata source=1;

I think I found a driver and I placed the jar file as indicated by error message; questions are
- what is required for it to be recognized
- what is the correct version
- are there any licenses etc that needs to be setup
?

The IBM i hosts are well established in the customers environment but the Windows 2012 R2 Server that we run Jazz on is fresh out of the box, so possibly there are some IBM i integrations missing?

The configuration test resulted in errors. Resolve the errors to continue. For information about why the configuration did not pass the validity test and how to provide a valid configuration, see the other messages that are provided with this message. For more information, open the help and search for "Running the setup wizard".ID CRJAZ1579E
hide details
The following driver could not be loaded and registered: com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver. This JDBC driver JAR file must be provided in a path that is configured by the server scripts. Verify that the driver is in the expected location of "C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\\db2i" or consult the product setup instructions to change the location and then restart the server.ID CRJAZ1840W
The following driver could not be loaded and registered: com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver. This JDBC driver JAR file must be provided in a path that is configured by the server scripts. Verify that the driver is in the expected location of "C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\\db2i" or consult the product setup instructions to change the location and then restart the server.ID CRJAZ1840W

One answer

permanent link
Thomas Karlkvist (1113) | answered Mar 18 '16, 8:48 a.m.
edited Mar 18 '16, 9:19 a.m.
  I have tried to mitigate my issues like so:
- downloaded (latest) jt400 driver for IBM Toolbox 
Q: is this not the driver version to use? In that case, which is to be used?
- created ...\db2i-directory and placed the driver jar-file there
- restarted the server
- tried the jdbc-connection to that IBM i DB2 databases by running server configuration
Got no change compared to when the driver was not in place

To me, it looks like the server startup script should be able to find it thus - but it apparently don't:

Installed driver: ...\JazzTeamServer\server\db2i\jt400-6.7.jar
Definition in server.startup.bat:
if "%DB2I_ABSPATH%"=="" goto :default_db2i 
set DB2I_JDBC=%DB2I_ABSPATH% 
goto :after_db2i 
:default_db2i 
set DB2I_JDBC=%START_DIR%\db2i 
:after_db2i
set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -DDB2I_JDBC="%DB2I_JDBC%" 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.