It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How Do I Suppress Specific Log Entries in the CCM.log?

Nate Decker (37814261) | asked Mar 16 '16, 3:04 p.m.

I would like the CCM.log to only contain errors that need my attention. We have a lot of logged events that don't seem to fall under that category. For example:

[WebContainer : 32 @@ 12:35 <unathenticated> <Initial Page Load@5bb02716-309a-43c4-a391-06fa93e9c95b> /ccm/auth/authrequired] WARN .team.repository.servlet.AbstractTeamServerServlet - CRJAZ1163I TeamRepositoryException processing GET request for com.ibm.team.social.common.internal.ISocialRestService.getProfile(). CRJAZ1170I The request was made by user "jonnie.lowder" from "bcs-ws1.devnet1.hill.af.mil".CRJAZ1166I The stack trace hash is...

com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: NoCredsForLoggedInUser_<GUID>

Presumably this kind of error is just telling me that a user tried to access a work item or a dashboard or something like that to which they were not authorized. That's all well and good, but they probably just did it by accident or something. I don't intend to do anything about this.

Having lots of these kinds of errors in the log can make it harder to recognize more legitimate ones when they come along. Is there a way for me to specify a configuration setting that would suppress these kinds of log entries?

2 answers

permanent link
Zeeshan Choudhry (6541612) | answered Mar 18 '16, 1:40 p.m.
edited Mar 18 '16, 1:41 p.m.
we control logging using apache logger. log4j.

Have a look here for its usage.
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/ManipulatingCLMLog4j

permanent link
Zeeshan Choudhry (6541612) | answered Mar 18 '16, 1:37 p.m.
Actually I think you are using 5.0.2 which has a known issues where the thread labels are not correct. So you would see this problem as page load for example but in fact that thread was used before when the server started and used to load the page to authenticate the user and then it was returned to the thread pool and when used again it label was not updated.

My advise is to first update 5.0.2 to atleast iFix011 or better yet iFix013 and then see what threads this error is coming from. The class warning mentioned in this error is used a lot of places I believe and suppressing is without knowing whats happening is not a wise decision. Even though it is just a warning.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.