It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Exclude a work item type from being linked to another work item type.

Divyakiran Singhvi (2118) | asked Mar 16 '16, 11:38 a.m.
 I am hoping someone can help me out with this. 
Assume we have 4 work item types. A, B, C & D. I want to be able to link(Related, parent, anything..) Type A with all the types (This is working). Type B must be linked only to A, C but NOT to D. Similarly C MUST link with every type and D MUST accept links only from A or C.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 16 '16, 11:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
See https://jazz.net/forum/questions/218263/restrict-parent-child-links-between-work-items you have to create a custom advisor.

Please also be aware that operation behavior does not work for some link types such as Tracks.

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 16 '16, 2:55 p.m.
there is no way to do this out of the box.. you would have to write a server side extension..

as has been previously mentioned, this could cause all sorts of problems, as one can change workitem types on the fly. so you could have a type with links (from when type A) that are not allowed (not type B) and never be able to edit the darned thing.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.