It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Defined User list for Approver section, how to achieve it?

Chandrasekar Muthukrishnan (32328) | asked Mar 15 '16, 8:15 a.m.
We need to map only a defined user list to "Add Approver tab" of the work-item instead of searching all the user details.
Can this be achieved in making any attribute changes.
It will be also be fine if we get only users with a designated role while adding the approvers.
This we need as generalized template which can be used across different project areas.
How can this be achieved in RTC?

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 15 '16, 8:32 a.m.
there is no way out of the box to do what you want.
I created an extension a couple years ago to automatically add approvals based on state transitions (So that approvals were always there) and to automatically add approvers based on role

so , it can be done

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 15 '16, 11:50 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Chandrasekar Muthukrishnan commented Mar 17 '16, 3:49 a.m.

Thank sam and Ralph.
Can you please advise can I remove the existing Approval tab and add the new presentation section configuring with attribute based presentation. Then defining the attribute with calculated values of users by role. Will this help in achieving of having a defined user list as approvers.
Is modifying the approval presentation advisable?

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 17 '16, 3:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You might be theoretically able to do that, I think the cost of doing something like that is so high that it would be considered not to be worth it. See Custom Editor Presentations if you want to anyway.

I would consider automation as descried by Sam, so that the users usually won't have to create the approvals themselves.

sam detweiler commented Mar 17 '16, 8:06 a.m.

as Ralph mentions this will be a lot of work. The Approval tab is a custom coded presentation in the product source. you could not reproduce it with the exposed presentation capability

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.