It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to select all artifacts at once - DOORS NG?

lakshmi shree (47431) | asked Mar 15 '16, 2:54 a.m.
Hello 
I am trying to change the attributes of all the artifacts in a view to something common.
In this regard, is it possible to select all the artifacts in a view at once, instead of selecting them individually ? PLease help.

Thanks and Regards
Lakshmi Shree 

3 answers

permanent link
Dmitry A. Lesin (21012846) | answered Oct 12 '18, 1:24 p.m.
edited Oct 12 '18, 1:24 p.m.

If it could help, but I was looking for a way select all artifacts in a view within a module to remove them. So for me works next - select one artifact with left button of mouse, and next select last artifact with <LEFT_SHIFT> + left button of mouse. It seems there's some constraint for the number of selected artifacts, but at least about 200 can be selected at once.

permanent link
ian green (17814) | answered Mar 15 '16, 6:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello
You can select multiple artefacts in view, upto a limit of about 200 artefacts.  If you need to process more than 200 using the UI, I'm afraid you have to do them in chunks.

cheers
-ian

Comments
lakshmi shree commented Mar 16 '16, 4:01 a.m.

Hello Ian 

Thanks for the reply. Can you please let me know how to select the multiple artifacts in the view

permanent link
Sandro Barone (255) | answered Mar 15 '16, 3:36 a.m.

Hello

If you use a view in a module (what I guess you do), there's no "select all"-checkbox at the top of the first column.

There might be a way to select all artifacts of a view in a module, but I don't know the solution for this.

But the following might be a possible workaround for you:

Create a view of those artifacts you want to change in the artifacts-mode (not in the module-mode) and use:

- filter by attribute: where used

- select your desired module

- select all other additional criteria you want to

The result of this view in the "artifacts-mode" will offer you the "select-all"-checkbox at the top of the first column.

Regards

Sandro

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.