It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to select all artifacts at once - DOORS NG?

lakshmi shree (571343) | asked Mar 15 '16, 2:54 a.m.
Hello 
I am trying to change the attributes of all the artifacts in a view to something common.
In this regard, is it possible to select all the artifacts in a view at once, instead of selecting them individually ? PLease help.

Thanks and Regards
Lakshmi Shree 

4 answers

permanent link
Dmitry A. Lesin (24825896) | answered Oct 12 '18, 1:24 p.m.
edited Oct 12 '18, 1:24 p.m.

If it could help, but I was looking for a way select all artifacts in a view within a module to remove them. So for me works next - select one artifact with left button of mouse, and next select last artifact with <LEFT_SHIFT> + left button of mouse. It seems there's some constraint for the number of selected artifacts, but at least about 200 can be selected at once.

permanent link
ian green (17814) | answered Mar 15 '16, 6:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello
You can select multiple artefacts in view, upto a limit of about 200 artefacts.  If you need to process more than 200 using the UI, I'm afraid you have to do them in chunks.

cheers
-ian

Comments
lakshmi shree commented Mar 16 '16, 4:01 a.m.

Hello Ian 

Thanks for the reply. Can you please let me know how to select the multiple artifacts in the view

permanent link
Sandro Barone (2515) | answered Mar 15 '16, 3:36 a.m.

Hello

If you use a view in a module (what I guess you do), there's no "select all"-checkbox at the top of the first column.

There might be a way to select all artifacts of a view in a module, but I don't know the solution for this.

But the following might be a possible workaround for you:

Create a view of those artifacts you want to change in the artifacts-mode (not in the module-mode) and use:

- filter by attribute: where used

- select your desired module

- select all other additional criteria you want to

The result of this view in the "artifacts-mode" will offer you the "select-all"-checkbox at the top of the first column.

Regards

Sandro

permanent link
David K (413) | answered Sep 22 '20, 9:52 p.m.
Hi Mitch if you have greater than 200 artifacts in a view you can export them all by saving them first as a custom view by choosing the export option from the drop down menu.

You can also choose the edit option found directly below the export option if you want to modify more than 200 artifacts at a time.

I've uploaded a screenshot here to show you what I mean:

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.