It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Loss of change sets in secondary stream

Tiago Portolon (638) | asked Mar 14 '16, 2:48 p.m.
Hi everyone,

I'm new to Jazz platform and I'm practicing to educate myself on version control (Source Control Management).

I'm facing a problem with streams.
I created a secondary stream, which has the main stream as its flow target. As I deliver change sets to the secondary stream, they still visible via Jazz SCM and via Rhapsody. After I deliver the change sets from de secondary stream to the main stream, these change sets get lost.
I looks like the Jazz server show a reference to a change set that doesn't exist anymore.
I noticed that any change set delivered directly to the main stream stays visible, with no problem.

How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Portolon

3 answers

permanent link
Tiago Portolon (638) | answered Mar 17 '16, 5:12 p.m.
To make things clearer, I posted another question with a more detailed description of the context, where this and other errors occur:

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/218613/learning-about-lifecycle-projects-in-jazz-scm

Thanks for the answers.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 15 '16, 7:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Several points to mention here:

1. You usually flow changes between a stream and a repository workspace. If there are conflicting changes, you must use a repository workspace to resolve them. You can think of a stream as something similar to a branch - a specific configuration of content.
2. You can only deliver from one stream to another if there are no conflicting changes, in which case the changes end in the other stream.

The changes should not be lost. You should be able to see them in the history still. The description of what you do is not detailed enough to understand what could be happening. Consider reading

https://jazz.net/library/article/539
https://jazz.net/library/article/126

Comments
Tiago Portolon commented Mar 17 '16, 12:52 p.m.

Hi Ralph,
The first article has some good explanations, but is focused on Eclipse client.
Is there any documentation dedicated to Rhapsody Client?

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 18 '16, 1:29 a.m.

None I know about.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 14 '16, 4:12 p.m.
I assume you are seeing this behavior in the Rhapsody client (not the RTC Eclipse client), correct?
If so, you would need to file a bug against the Rhapsody client.
On the other hand, if you can reproduce this bug using just the RTC Eclipse client, then you should file the bug against RTC.

Comments
Tiago Portolon commented Mar 15 '16, 7:03 a.m.

Hi,
I see this behavior on both RTC web client and Rhapsody client.
I think if kept the changes of the secondary stream, they wouldn't be lost, but I wanted to see how Jazz SCM manages the differences of the versions.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.