It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to import requirement updates in DOORS NG

lakshmi shree (571343) | asked Mar 14 '16, 2:48 a.m.
 Hello

I have exported a view from a requirements module in DOORS NG  in the form of a .csv file. The view has 5 attribute columns. I have updated some existing requirement attributes in the csv file . WHen I try to import the csv file back into DOORS, the import is successful. But the requirement attributes do not seem to be updated in the tool. please help.

2 answers

permanent link
Diane Everitt (27835) | answered Mar 14 '16, 3:36 p.m.
Hello Lakshmi,

Are the attributes multi-value enumerated data type? 
If so, there is a known issue in 6.0.1:
CSV Round-trip does not handle enumerated values

It is fixed in 6.0.2.

The problem happens if the enumerated value is empty when you try to import CSV to update it.  In other words, if the value is set in the attribute, the import will successfully update the value.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Diane

Comments
lakshmi shree commented Mar 15 '16, 2:01 a.m.

hello Diane

Thanks a lot for the answer. Indeed this might be the problem I am facing. But the thing is, the message I receive after performing the import is that the import is successful. I do not get any error regarding the same.

Thanks and Regards
Lakshmi Shree

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Mar 15 '16, 11:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Just in case you are using an older version, have you seen this wiki:importing and exporting data using CSV files

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.