It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC upgrade 5.0.2 -> 6.0.1

vishnudharan manivannan (1183642) | asked Mar 14 '16, 2:27 a.m.
Hello Team,

We are upgrading RTC  (JTS + CCM + DW) from version 5.0.2 -> 6.0.1 . Also we want to add JRS (LQE + DCC + Report builder) starting from 6.0.1

The approach we are following is 

Step 1 :upgrade the existing RTC environment (JTS+CCM+DW) from 5.0.2 - 6.0.1

Make sure the upgrade went smooth. 

Step 2: Freshly install and register JRS 6.0.1. 

However, while going through the interactive installation upgrade guide it says

" Starting in the version 6.0 release, Data Collection Component replaces the former default Java ETL data collection tools. Data Collection Component is designed to improve performance by using parallel and concurrent processing. Ensure to install Data Collection Component in your deployment to use with Data Warehouse"

So this means it is mandatory to perform step 2 before we open the RTC server for the users correct ?

Thanks,
Vishnu M

2 answers

permanent link
vishnudharan manivannan (1183642) | answered Mar 15 '16, 1:44 a.m.
  Hi Rohit,

I have performed the upgrade from 5.0.2 -> 6.0.1 and the upgrade went smooth for
JTS , CCM & DW

Now you could you let me know the steps to install and configure Jazz Reporting Service for this environment.

Note; I went through the interactive installation guide link to install the JRS components (dcc,lqe & rs)

I have some questions here.
1. Step 4.d tells we should create a database DW . However I already have an existing database named DW on the same database server for the RTC environemnt. What should I do here ?

2. Can dcc.war , lqe.war & rs.war be deployed on the same WAS profile where jts.war , ccm.war & dw.war are installed ?

3. I have a all in one single server topology (SLES 11 sp3 , DB210.5, WAS 8.5.5 in a single server , RAM -32 GB) . Will installing the JRS components (DCC, LQE , RS) on the same server advised ? Or DCC should be installed on a separate server ?

Please advise,

Thanks again,
Vishnu M

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Mar 15 '16, 2:32 p.m.

In 5.0.2, we added DCC but to its own JTS and used existing data warehouse DBs.   RS was added to the JTS that manage their suite of applications.  For DCC, can be done either way, I think RS must go into the "general" JTS.  I'm not up to speed @ 6.0.1

permanent link
Rohit Balduwa (945511) | answered Mar 14 '16, 2:50 a.m.
Hi Vishnudharan

The steps you have listed above looks fine.

The ETL's are run so that the data is loaded in the DatawareHouse dB. Since you have mentioned you will be using the Reports Builder for reporting, so it is mandatory to install the DCC as data in the reports are shown based on the DCC jobs successful run, you need to configure it and run the full ETL load the first time.Data Collection Component is designed to improve performance by using parallel and concurrent processing and gives quick results.
https://jazz.net/downloads//jazz-reporting-service/releases/6.0.1?p=news

If this answers your question please mark it as accepted.

Regards,
Rohit

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.