It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What happens to rrdi/rrs when upgrading from CLM 5.0.2 to 6.0.1?

Heather Linsk (1422151) | asked Mar 09 '16, 1:22 p.m.
 My current topology is:

OS

Description

Windows 2012R2

CLM SQL 2012 Server 

Windows 2012R2

CLM WinApp - DCC

RHEL 6.6

CLM JTS WebSphere Application server

RHEL 6.6

CLM CCM WebSphere Application server

RHEL 6.6

CLM Reverse Proxy Server, Apache server

RHEL 6.6

CLM RM WebSphere Application server

RHEL 6.6

CLM QM WebSphere Application server

RHEL 6.6

CLM JRS WebSphere Application server

RHEL 6.6

CLM RRS WebSphere Application server

My questions are, when I go to do the upgrade -
Does my RRS server go away?    If so, should I res-use it to install LQE?
Do I now install RELM on the JRS machine?

One answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Mar 09 '16, 7:11 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Heather,

The answer depends on your reporting needs.  The RRDI report server is no longer shipped with the 6.0 release.  If you still require a Cognos report server to serve your reporting needs, you must remove your RRDI server, deploy Cognos, then install our Cognos ALM Connector in to Cognos.  There's a newly published article on that here which outlines those steps in detail.

Otherwise, your existing Report Builder (/rs) application can be upgraded to 6.0.1 as that is still an integral part of our reporting solution.  One thing to note is that the built in ETL's (we refer to them the "Java ETL's") are no longer shipped with 6.0, so if you are still going to be running ETL's you must deploy the Data Collection Component (DCC) if you haven't already.  If you have, you'll just upgrade that to 6.0.1 as part of your 5.0.2 to 6.0.1 upgrade.

LQE is not a requirement unless you have the need for configuration aware reporting (ie - you're using DNG or RQM with configuration management enabled and have a need to report against configurations).  If that's the case, please review the recommended topologies and ensure LQE is deployed on it's own machine.  Otherwise, you can continue using the Data Collection Component (DCC) to run ETL's to populate the data warehouse and use Report Builder to run reports.  You'll want to review this article to get a grasp on the reporting considerations/limitations for 6.0.1.

As far as RELM goes, it's not a requirement for CLM reporting, but you may want to review the use cases for it in this topic to see if it's something you have a need for in your organization.

Hopefully this answers your question.  Thanks,

Comments
Heather Linsk commented Mar 10 '16, 9:14 a.m.

Ben -

Thank you for your very detailed response.  I will read those articles and see if I can go from there.

Best,
Heather

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.