It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How long does it take to generate a word document with RPE and DNG?

David Clark (2341150) | asked Mar 09 '16, 6:47 a.m.
 I have about 600 artifacts in my DNG module. I am querying custom attributes. It takes about 10 minutes, that seems long to me, but just curious what other people are seeing.

One answer

permanent link
Ivan Bravo (1762) | answered Mar 09 '16, 4:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
David

It is hard to said if it is taking long time or not since it depends on many external variables usually related to each environment.

But instead of focus on how much time it takes I would like to review the current way that you are using to retrieve custom attribute information, could you please share some general information about your current approach?

Are you combining schemas? Maybe Are you using modules schema to get the artifacts inside the module then executing a new REST call to get extra information about each artifact?

Comments
David Clark commented Mar 09 '16, 5:26 p.m.

I use a module schema and then dynamically retrieve the text schema for each artifact. The console shows reference to the individual artifact attributes 4-5 times per artifact.

datasource/artifact
 container
  Data source config
    text
  artifact
    objectType
      condition name='Requirement'

Ivan Bravo commented Mar 10 '16, 9:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks for sharing this information.

Since you are focus only on the artifacts inside the module to be published using the same schema, in this case text, please give it a try to this REST call....

https://serverName:port/rm/publish/text?moduleURI=_pzlaYeY6EeWFpd8HrIInQ

This will retrieve artifact information included on module based on the text schema.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.