It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQMExcelWordImporter: HTML tags as literals miss formatting

Juan Pons (2123) | asked Mar 09 '16, 6:35 a.m.
edited Mar 09 '16, 6:48 a.m.
 Hi there,

I have a situation over here, it's making me crazy.

It's suppposed to be easy, but I've not found a way to put HTML tags as literals and make them work as HTML tags when I import the Scripts to RQM.

I've tried with:

testscript.steps.description=Div (" < p > < strong >Datos de entrada:< / strong > < / p > ")
testscript.steps.description=Div Html (" < p > < strong >Datos de entrada:< / strong > < / p > "")
testscript.steps.description=Rich Text (" < p > < strong >Datos de entrada:< / strong > < / p > "")
testscript.steps.description=" < p > < strong >Datos de entrada:< / strong > < / p > ""
testscript.steps.description=HTML (" < p > < strong >Datos de entrada:< / strong > < / p > "") --> This doesn't even run itself, it produces an error

Instead of getting the 'p' formatting function and 'strong' formatting function, I get literals in the 'description' section.

I've dicovered that XML parser escapes my HTML to ASCII code when I import to file or to repository, like this:

& lt ; p & gt ; & lt ; strong & gt ;Datos de entrada: & lt ; / strong & gt ; & lt ; / p & gt ;
After the parsing, if I modify these codes to its normal format:

& lt ; --->     <
& gt ;  --->   >

And re-upload the Scripts, it turns like HTML formatting, but wihtout it, impossible.

Any suggestions of how to do this correctly?

Thanks in advance.

*: I had to put spaces between ASCII coes because the Editor was formatting my post

2 answers

permanent link
Juan Pons (2123) | answered Mar 09 '16, 10:06 a.m.
edited Mar 09 '16, 10:07 a.m.
 OK.
I solved my problem.
Actually, it was quite easy, my unique mystake was that I was using quotes " with the PRE function.

If you remove the quotes, works like a charm.

PRE(O & < br  / >< p > < strong >Datos de entrada:< /strong >< / p>< br / > & P)

permanent link
Juan Pons (2123) | answered Mar 09 '16, 6:41 a.m.
 I can't even write the post!!!

The editor is changing my ASCII codes to HTML!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.