It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work Item Alerts for Archived Users

R Z (1273252) | asked Mar 09 '16, 5:47 a.m.

Team,

I would like to know if user is archived in RTC and if he/she is part of multiple work items, Will they still receive work item alerts?

I assume no, As when you archive users it will revoke license and remove users from JAZZ groups.

Correct me if I am wrong.

We use LDAP which is integrated with CLM instance. There may situations where we would be archiving users in RTC but user might still be part of company working with other teams.

What is the possibility in this case?

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Mar 09 '16, 6:07 a.m.
edited Mar 10 '16, 8:41 a.m.
Hi Riaaz,

You will not be getting the work-item alerts and license will be released automatically when the user is archived.

While archived users are not deleted from the repository, they cannot log on to the system with their assigned user name and password. If a user is permanently inactive and is part of a user registry.

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.jazz.repository.web.admin.doc/topics/tarchiveuser.html&scope=null

Please archive the user on the repository level, user id will not be affected outside CLM access.

Regards,
Arun.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.